Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a heroin addict strung out in a McDonalds toilet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

aDeener wrote: »
    :confused:

unless he was tied down by someone else and forced to take heroin until he reached the point of addiction, it was entirely his own choice.
    Sure, but I'd still prefer to learn about the person's background instead of being that simplistic - you'd swear every heroin addict decided "Fuk yeah, heroin - brilliant buzz, I'll start doing it!" There has to be good reasons for someone to be driven to this lifestyle choice. A lot of people are naive as to their resilience/invincibility - probably all of us to some degree. People generally don't try something out with a plan to become an addict.

Meh, Naikon said it better above...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Ummm maybe the guy just zipped his balls when finished... Or severe haemoroids? Or maybe had an epileptic seazure?

Could happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Are the veins in your bollox really easier to find than in your arm?

*makes mental note*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Don't know how anyone can be so cold when referring to another person without knowing anything about them!

Old school friend of mine got addicted to benzos,and when his doctor finally copped on and stopped prescribing it he started using heroin,family kicked him out cos he's got younger brothers,nicest lad you'd ever meet but he just got caught up in it.He sleeps in various hostels in town now and gives methadone treatment a bash every now and then but he just cant seem to kick it.Do see him round town every now and then,very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

which is the reality with most users

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

OP did the right thing. Whilst it may have been his decision to take drugs, it would have been an act of neglect by OP to not intervene and let him die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Dudess wrote: »
    Sure, but I'd still prefer to learn about the person's background instead of being that simplistic - you'd swear every heroin addict decided "Fuk yeah, heroin - brilliant buzz, I'll start doing it!" There has to be good reasons for someone to be driven to this lifestyle choice. A lot of people are naive as to their resilience/invincibility - probably all of us to some degree. People generally don't try something out with a plan to become an addict.

Meh, Naikon said it better above...

fair enough, but personally my sympathy is at a minimum as there is any amount of information and awareness out there as to the dangers of these drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, and I'm not trying to say all heroin addicts are victims - some heroin addicts had ideal upbringings (I know of one guy who seemingly had it all and he's now a junkie - wtf?) but by Jesus do they get punished for their decisions. However while I think it's fair enough to point out they made their own bed, I think it's a bit heartless when they're reduced to a pitiful state to say they can lie in it.

Crystal meth is a ****ing scourge in impoverished parts of the US - whole towns are crippled by it, and yet, people take it. I don't know - it does seem idiotic of them, and irresponsible... but there must be a social or psychological cause for this, as well as it being a conscious decision by the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Real_World?

S&iithole of a city... they are everywhere now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

SadieSue wrote: »
    I think you have to find three syringes and one junkie to qualify for a free burger.

That's true. There is a card you can get, a bit like the ones you get for a free coffee after buying 99 coffees/muffins in Starbucks.

On a serious note, that is absolutely awful. To end up like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

WindSock wrote: »

Anyone know what sort frequent Supermacs?

culches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Never knew you can get heroin at McD's. Can you get that with a Extra Value meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

He's done well McDonald.I remember when he only had a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

I'm absolutely horrified. What if some child had found him (ok I know door was locked but if...) I would be in shock if I found someone like that. I suppose that explins why you have to ask for key to some toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

All junkies should be locked away on some island! They're a danger to society and are basically contrabute nothing to the human race!

Also:

- These "people" have hundreds on convictions!
    - Smoke their heroin anywhere from a packed bus full of school children to fast food joints
    - Use knives to rob you
    - Break into your house
    - Spend your tax money to fund their habbits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

On the subject on the subject of heroin. How do you become a registered heroin addict. I really want a free bus pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

polly78 wrote: »
    I think anyone who would even try heroin is on a par with an animal but I could not walk past a dying animal, (I have no idea why some people regardless of how or where they were brought up would take it).

Bit of an over reaction don't you think? You have no idea what circumstances brought a person to make that choice, and whether it was a bad upbringing or just stupidity, I think they are suffering enough for it if they are in that sort of state.

polly78 wrote: »
    Some of the comments on here are terrible, if all you want to do is take the piss out of heroin addicts start your own thread on it. Jeez it's an "I'm alrite" world we're living in.

But it's ok for you to call them animals :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Oranage2 wrote: »
    All junkies should be locked away on some island! They're a danger to society and are basically contrabute nothing to the human race!

Also:

- Smoke their heroin anywhere from a packed bus full of school children to fast food joints
    - Use knives to rob you
    - Break into your house

If I find one that doesn't use a knife your theory is gonna be blown clear outta the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

mcD's standards are gone to pot, in a dundrum branch earlier i saw grungepants begging its at the bottom of my blog
    pants is good lad. hes only a nipper and very impressionable. You need to be very careful with him. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occassional chase of the dragon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occassional chase of the dragon..
    Great Ross Kemp show on about it in Chicago during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Also:

- Use knives to rob you
    - Break into your house
    what
    is there some "Heroin Fund" I don't know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

what
    is there some "Heroin Fund" I don't know about?

Yes and they get free travel! I don't know why but I think being a junkie qualifies you for disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Was in Frankfurt a few months back and they're all over the city there. Saw two guys on two different occasions injecting themselves on the street. It was a horrible sight to see to say the least. I was afraid they would inject me and give me AIDS. To be fair, they kept to themselves and never bothered me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Dean820 wrote: »
    Was in Frankfurt a few months back and they're all over the city there. Saw two guys on two different occasions injecting themselves on the street. It was a horrible sight to see to say the least. I was afraid they would inject me and give me AIDS. To be fair, they kept to themselves and never bothered me.

The type of addicts that don't bother anyone other than some simple begging or whatever that i don't mind at all. There's certain addicts that deserve no sympathy though. I remember my aunt was robbed by a pair of junkies threatening her with a syringe for her handbag. She handed it over(wise thing to do i guess) and was left shook up for weeks after it. It's those addicts that i have no sympathy for and the quicker they OD the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Dean820 wrote: »
    LOL
    I don't think sharing their heroin with you was a priority for them, even if you had asked nicely I don't think they would inject you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Also:

- Use knives to rob you
    - Break into your house

So, how is the Joe Duffy show these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Six of One wrote: »
    LOL
    I don't think sharing their heroin with you was a priority for them, even if you had asked nicely I don't think they would inject you!

Ha, yeah I guess. But it was when I right next to them...freaked me out. I was drunk for the second one I saw and was like 'Oh lawd' like a black woman, he looked scared and off he ran with his heroin. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

brenn7475 wrote: »
    The door was locked. I was freaking out thinking this guy had cut his wrists or something.

A happy meal and he'd be right as rain again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

this one time, about a year ago, i went to my dealers house, scoring some delicious midweek scag, when his girlfriend let me in, i noticed that one of the casualties in the corner of the room on the mattress was eating a mcdonalds hamburger.
    i asked to see my dealer immediately, he arrived 5minutes or so later, and when i told him of the problem he just shrugged it off and said he'd "sort it out later"- shocking behaviour, can't believe he was so lackadaisical about it!
    i'll be getting my brown elsewhere from now on!

Advertisement