Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a heroin addict strung out in a McDonalds toilet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

grumula wrote: »
    this one time, about a year ago, i went to my dealers house, scoring some delicious midweek scag, when his girlfriend let me in, i noticed that one of the casualties in the corner of the room on the mattress was eating a mcdonalds hamburger.
    i asked to see my dealer immediately, he arrived 5minutes or so later, and when i told him of the problem he just shrugged it off and said he'd "sort it out later"- shocking behaviour, can't believe he was so lackadaisical about it!
    i'll be getting my brown elsewhere from now on!

Drug dealers can be so heartless sometimes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

I think you did the right thing OP, regardless of what his background is or how he ended up on drugs this person has a family and friends or someone who loves him who are probably worried sick about him all of the time. I can only imagine how it would feel if my brother or sister or best friend was in that situation. You could've broken their hearts by neglecting to act and you've given this guy another chance at life, regardless of what he decides to do with it :P

You're the real hero(ine) here :) hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

Oranage2 wrote: »
    All junkies should be locked away on some island! They're a danger to society and are basically contrabute nothing to the human race!

Also:

- These "people" have hundreds on convictions!
    - Smoke their heroin anywhere from a packed bus full of school children to fast food joints
    - Use knives to rob you
    - Break into your house
    - Spend your tax money to fund their habbits!

controversial for the sake of being controversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Sounds like he was in there for the big smack. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Maybe this is what all the FFers who lost their seats in the election can do to while the time away now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Pauleta wrote: »
    On the subject on the subject of heroin. How do you become a registered heroin addict. I really want a free bus pass.

Get hooked on heroine and then go down to your local citizens info for the details. You right wingers aren't good at logic are you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occassional chase of the dragon..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Martin Sheen comments on son Charlie's addiction:

"We pray for him. If he had cancer how would you treat him? This disease of addiction is a form of cancer.

"You have to have an equal measure of concern and love."

Off-topic I know but interesting view and I feel sorry for anyone drug addicts' family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

brenn7475 wrote: »
    I decided I pay a quick visit to the jacks and wash my hands before eating..

You decided to what?.... wash your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occasional chase of the dragon..
    There's no such thing as occasional with Heroin.

It's a terrible drug that has ruined the lives of thousands of people. Spouting rubbish like that could lead to easily impressionable people getting hooked on Heroin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Get hooked on heroine and then go down to your local citizens info for the details. You right wingers aren't good at logic are you :)

I wanna try and do it without taking gear. Could i just go down and say im addicted to gear. I dont wanna have to take Methadone either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Spouting rubbish like that could lead to easily impressionable people getting hooked on Heroin.

I'm sure hundreds have rushed out to buy some heroin because of this post. It's stuff like this that's making the boards fill up with junkies.

I mean not a day goes by here that a "Change,bud?" thread is started. It's just terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

It's a terrible drug that has ruined the lives of thousands of people.
    True.
    There's no such thing as occasional with Heroin.
    False. Absolutes don't exist with things like this, and there are indeed some people who use heroin recreationally without developing a serious addiction (as well as some addicts who function despite their dependence). Physical addiction to any substance takes weeks to develop.

Of course , with something that feels really, really good, a psychological addiction could manifest quicker, especially if it's offering temporary oblivion for someone whose life isn't going so well.

If you said that heroin's a drug with a very high potential for abuse and addiction, I'd have no quarrel with you. But it's well established at this stage that distorting the facts about drugs just compounds the problems.
    Spouting rubbish like that could lead to easily impressionable people getting hooked on Heroin.
    Someone on the internet said gear's not so bad, let's bang up!

****ing hell, if there's anyone that stupid out there a chronic drug addiction's the least of their worries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dudess wrote: »
    Poor guy - even if "it was his choice" (and I'd prefer to find out about his life before coming to that simplistic conclusion) he's being well punished for it now. What a distressing, saddening sight... :(

Yes,Boo friggin Hoo,the poor junkie:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Nuggles wrote: »
    I'm sure hundreds have rushed out to buy some heroin because of this post. It's stuff like this that's making the boards fill up with junkies.

I mean not a day goes by here that a "Change,bud?" thread is started. It's just terrible.

Sure yermans a creationist pro lifer or something, he just also happens to be an expert on all things that he has no experience of too.

Pass me the skag please, the internet told me its ok.

How far gone must you be to think that injecting yourself in the testicle is a good idea?

Pace2008 wrote: »

False. Absolutes don't exist with things like this, and there are indeed some people who use heroin recreationally without developing a serious addiction (as well as some addicts who function despite their dependence). Physical addiction to any substance takes weeks to develop.

Of course , with something that feels really, really good, a psychological addiction could manifest quicker, especially if it's offering temporary oblivion for someone whose life isn't going so well.
    Some people don't develop an addiction. I agree but the vast majority of heroin users do develop an addiction to the drug. Not everyone will react the same to the drug but the sizable majority will develop an addiction to heroin if they take it. People can claim they have the will power to control themselves but people are far more weak-willed than they'd like to believe themselves.
    Someone on the internet said gear's not so bad, let's bang up!

****ing hell, if there's anyone that stupid out there a chronic drug addiction's the least of their worries.
    It's not one post that will spur someone to take Heroin.

Reading many posts depicting heroin in a positive light would subconsciously lower people's inhibitions to take the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

I read this thread about a naked heroin junkie in a McDonald's toilet.

REALLY made me wanna take heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

How far gone must you be to think that injecting yourself in the testicle is a good idea?

Well it's more than likely that essentially every other visible vein is completely and utterly fúcked at this point in time through constant use so the only veins left are in the groin region.

Anyway, I'm off to my local pusher to pick up a tenners worth of the good stuff after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trixabelle86

I work on O'Connell Street and in work its common knowledge not to use toilets in the likes of Burger King and McDonalds from all the stuff people have seen in there...

Clerys is a good place to go if you're bursting :D

• Advertisement

Some people don't develop an addiction. I agree but the vast majority of heroin users do develop an addiction to the drug. Not everyone will react the same to the drug but the sizable majority will develop an addiction to heroin if they take it. People can claim they have the will power to control themselves but people are far more weak-willed than they'd like to believe themselves.
    The NIDA estimate that 23% of users develop a dependancy on the drug.

That I would describe as a significant minority rather than the vast majority.
    It's not one post that will spur someone to take Heroin.

Reading many posts depicting heroin in a positive light would subconsciously lower people's inhibitions to take the drug.
    On any forum I've been, it's always been my experience that most people will depict heroin in a negative light.

I still think the spreading of misinformation about a substance is the more dangerous line to follow. When people find out they've been lied to, they may well disregard the caveats that have some truth to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I work on O'Connell Street and in work its common knowledge not to use toilets in the likes of Burger King and McDonalds from all the stuff people have seen in there...

Clerys is a good place to go if you're bursting :D

I thought Burger King on O'Connell Street had UV lighting in the hallway and toilet so junkies couldn't see their veins?

That poll isn't entirely relevant to Ireland, there's a much larger number of people "snorting" Heroin in America than there is smoking / injecting. It's much easier to developed a habit through Smoking / Injecting a substance than it is Snorting, look at the addictiveness of Coke vs Crack for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If this carries on, there will be no public toilets left open in any town. I know that sounds trivial in comparison to someone's life, but the selfish actions of a tiny minority, and the "unintended consequences" of those actions, are having a negative impact on the rest of us who know how to behave in public places. I agree that addiction is a real problem, but I'm tired of it being used as an excuse.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

But regular users will eventually develop a dependency on the drug. People who take heroin very occasionally may not develop an addiction.
    Besides that there are many other statistics that do have the majority of heroin users as being addicts
    "57.4 percent of past year heroin users were classified with dependence on or abuse of heroin, and an estimated 281,000 persons received treatment for heroin abuse."
    http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/heroin_addiction/hic_heroin_abuse_and_addiction.aspx

RMD wrote: »
    That poll isn't entirely relevant to Ireland, there's a much larger number of people "snorting" Heroin in America than there is smoking / injecting. It's much easier to developed a habit through Smoking / Injecting a substance than it is Snorting, look at the addictiveness of Coke vs Crack for comparison.
    You could well be right. I don't know much about the preferred route of administration in the respective countries and I'd say it woiuld be difficult to get any accurate figures on it.

I do know that heroin is viewed in a different light in the US. The drug is less stigmatised, maybe even glamourised, so you get people from all walks of life using. Heroin use in Ireland is largely confined to lower socioeconomic demographs. People from disadvantaged backgrounds with less prospects are more likely to succumb to substance abuse so I'd imagine the rate of addiction in Ireland could well be higher.

polly78 wrote: »
    I think anyone who would even try heroin is on a par with an animal but I could not walk past a dying animal,

Some people try it without knowing, heroin laced joints, nasty business.

Like you there was a time I couldn't understand why anyone would try heroin,I once had morphine after being dashed to A&E by ambulance, then I understood. Swept away in a magic painfree cloud. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

SadieSue wrote: »
    I think you have to find three syringes and one junkie to qualify for a free burger.
    Only if u get the card stamped!!

You could well be right. I don't know much about the preferred route of administration in the respective countries and I'd say it woiuld be difficult to get any accurate figures on it.

I do know that heroin is viewed in a different light in the US. The drug is less stigmatised, maybe even glamourised, so you get people from all walks of life using. Heroin use in Ireland is largely confined to lower socioeconomic demographs. People from disadvantaged backgrounds with less prospects are more likely to succumb to substance abuse so I'd imagine the rate of addiction in Ireland could well be higher.

Ye, the problem in America is that they haven't faced a Heroin epidemic and don't know the full capabilities of the drug. Ask the average person over there who is tolerant of drugs and most will flat out say no to Crack as there was the Crack epidemic of the 80s, like wise ask the average person here who's open to drugs they will also say no straight away to Heroin as we've seen the consequences of it. I hate to say but Ross Kemp's latest Sky1 crap provides a pretty good picture of it and how it's spreading in usage through Chicago, it's just as much a middle class drug as it is a working class drug there. Sadly, it's going to turn many people into junkies once they start smoking / injecting it.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Some people try it without knowing, heroin laced joints, nasty business.
    Complete urban myth as well, for that matter.

Advertisement