Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a heroin addict strung out in a McDonalds toilet.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

patrickc wrote: »
    it's actually 35 a bag..

+1 one on the shooting galleries, would be great to see.

Yeah,but what would the hysterical ''think of the children'' brigade have to say about safe injecting clinics? I can just picture ''concerned residents'' picketing outside such a place of ill repute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

brenn7475 wrote: »
    Popped into McDonalds at Nutgrove shopping centre yesterday evening.
    Was around 7.30pm
    There were one or two people at the counter so I decided I pay a quick visit to the jacks and wash my hands before eating.
    It's McDonalds. Wash hands after eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Mrs Aido, works helping these people and it is no longer correct to refere to them as junkies but to refere to them as being affected

No Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occassional chase of the dragon..

You are an absolute CABBAGE if you genuinely believe this. Fúcking hell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

aido 1976 wrote: »
    Mrs Aido, works helping these people and it is no longer correct to refere to them as junkies but to refere to them as being affected

No Joke

So people now must say there are a lot of "affected" people walking around Dublin these days?

You don't need to personally take Heroin to be affected by it. Political correctness gone mad again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I live near Nutgrove and its a nice area, i hope people dont think its a kip after reading this.

Drugs permeate all levels of society; even "nice" areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Not many kids grow up thinking 'im going to be a heroin addict one day'.

This man is someone's son, grandson , possibly father, nephew and godforbid i'd hate to see any of my relatives end up that way.

My first encounter with a heroin addict was when I was doing a bit of reception work in a B&B, was the only person to mind the place in the evenings.
    So in walks this woman and man, I treat them like any other guest and take them to their room.
    A few hours later I go up and knock and ask if they could pay the secuirty deposit and saw yerwan on the bed growning and really freaky looking as she didn't seem to move or respond and the man was doing something to his arm. I ran downstairs petrified they'd kill me or something..
    and they smelt really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

The heroin is better in Supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

I live near Nutgrove and its a nice area, i hope people dont think its a kip after reading this.

What?!!! Are you kidding? Nutgrove is FULL of scangers, and it's filthy with rubbish permanently blowing round the place. It IS a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Dear God the amount of shi.te being preached here is ridiculous..

Heroin is a great drug, not everyone who uses is a scumbag junkie...You would be surprised how many people have successful careers and are partial to the occassional chase of the dragon..

It does give you a bit of a jippy tummy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gubernaculum

not really the place for serious post but my worst day working in the city centre was when some couple left their 3 year old standing outside the alley near where i used to work, which was used constantly as a shooting gallery, and headed off for a fix pushing an even younger kid in a pram. i was coming back with coffee when i saw this and ended up watching her 'cause the poor kid was completely terrified. she kept peering into the dark, stinking alley and jumping away from passersby, who largely ignored the fact an obviously distressed toddler was standing in a filthy tracksuit on her own on a busy street. there was nothing i could do except smile at her and try to be friendly from a relative distance. it clearly wasn't the first time this had happened and in a messed up way, i suppose they may have figured they were doing her a favour by not bringing her down the alley 'cause it was always crammed with junkies and people fighting. it was unbelievably sad. i'd never feel like this under normal circumstances but for those few minutes every bone in my body just wanted to grab her and take her away from that. obviously you can't. after fifteen minutes or so of watching her the parents emerged and that was it. couldn't even find the words to say anything to them and they weren't really in a state to listen anyway. said it to guard who was picking up a shoplifter while this was going on and she was sympathetic but said there wasn't much they could do bar go down the alley and get the parents. i know there's lots of sad stories and lots of crap childhoods but that kid seriously still haunts me. don't even feel angry towards the parents. got to know some of the local junkies and most of them were grand, though in various states of denial about the extent of their habit. wish there was some grand solution but there's not. it's a horrible drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Not many kids grow up thinking 'im going to be a heroin addict one day'.

This man is someone's son, grandson , possibly father, nephew and godforbid i'd hate to see any of my relatives end up that way.

My first encounter with a heroin addict was when I was doing a bit of reception work in a B&B, was the only person to mind the place in the evenings.
    So in walks this woman and man, I treat them like any other guest and take them to their room.
    A few hours later I go up and knock and ask if they could pay the secuirty deposit and saw yerwan on the bed growning and really freaky looking as she didn't seem to move or respond and the man was doing something to his arm. I ran downstairs petrified they'd kill me or something..
    and they smelt really bad.

seen it happening meself and the guy was groaning thought he was getting a bj until I got the smell and saw them messing with tinfiol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think its really bad that anyone could be lowered to inject themselves into their genitalia and collapse in a fast food restaurant.Its terrible and sad that someones whole life could be reduced to a post on a forum and everyone laughing at them.This man is a person and just made very bad choices.And what lunatics are coming on here saying heroin is a fine drug ,just use it wisely? This guy in the jacks was probobly saying the same thing a while back.Anything that can control and override your whole being to reduce you to nothing is not a good drug.
    And oh ,I only inject sometimes.Youre filling your blood with poision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lost four friends ( one my best mate ) to this shíte, I was lucky, my best mate was found in the jax in burger king brain dead from the sh1te, not something to be laughed at, is there anybody that hasn't been affected in some way by this scourge?

21/25

eternal wrote: »
    Youre filling your blood with poision.
    The problem in Ireland is people will fill their blood with a certain poison called C2H5OH every week without batting an eyelid. If you ask people if they know that Ethanol is toxic they ask "What's Ethanol?".

People are completely uneducated when it comes to drugs and their toxicity. If people were all taught the full effects of these drugs then they wouldn't be so willing to try them. The most commonly abused drug by far in Ireland is alcohol. No doubt about it. Cigarettes and Nicotine would be second to that. Cigarettes however have a certain stigma attached to them nowadays that makes it less and less attractive for people to smoke let alone start smoking. This stigma came about by people being educated about the direct effects of smoking. Being shown a picture of a smoker's lung compared to a healthy lung puts off many people from the idea of smoking. The same can't be said for Alcohol let alone hard drugs like Heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nomh

The problem in Ireland is people will fill their blood with a certain poison called C2H5OH every week without batting an eyelid. If you ask people if they know that Ethanol is toxic they ask "What's Ethanol?".

People are completely uneducated when it comes to drugs and their toxicity. If people were all taught the full effects of these drugs then they wouldn't be so willing to try them. The most commonly abused drug by far in Ireland is alcohol. No doubt about it. Cigarettes and Nicotine would be second to that. Cigarettes however have a certain stigma attached to them nowadays that makes it less and less attractive for people to smoke let alone start smoking. This stigma came about by people being educated about the direct effects of smoking. Being shown a picture of a smoker's lung compared to a healthy lung puts off many people from the idea of smoking. The same can't be said for Alcohol let alone hard drugs like Heroin.

I've never been deterred by the health warnings that come with my crack and heroin

nomh wrote: »
    Let's start a petition to get crack and heroin to come with a warning label
    You plainly misunderstood my post.

Warning labels on cigarette boxes and the like are useful but that is not what i'm getting at. If you're buying a box of cigarettes chances are you're a smoker or someone starting to smoke. I'm talking about education as in education in the formal education system.

You plainly misunderstood my post.

Warning labels on cigarette boxes and the like are useful but that is not what i'm getting at. If you're buying a box of cigarettes chances are you're a smoker or someone starting to smoke. I'm talking about education as in education in the formal education system.
    There are actually a number of programmes that go around to school and give talks, at least in my experience. I remember attending at least 2 in primary school and a few in secondary school. I knew all the health risks of taking drugs before I ever started. I doubt people aren't aware it's killing them but maybe I'd be surprised.

There are actually a number of programmes that go around to school and give talks, at least in my experience. I remember attending at least 2 in primary school and a few in secondary school. I knew all the health risks of taking drugs before I ever started. I doubt people aren't aware it's killing them but maybe I'd be surprised.
    It's more along the lines of "Drugs are bad" in a general sense. They only specify actual negative health effects for cigarettes and alcohol and less so for alcohol than cigarettes.

• Advertisement

It's more along the lines of "Drugs are bad" in a general sense. They only specify actual negative health effects for cigarettes and alcohol and less so for alcohol than cigarettes.
    I've had ex addicts come in and talk, I've seen nasty pictures of the physical damage drugs can do to people. Plus if you get involved with drugs chances are you have already seen the effects first hand on people you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

brenn7475 wrote: »
    Such is life....I was more worried that he had overdone it...fooking state of his face. Blue and white. He looked extremely rough at that stage.
    I didnt exactly want to be doing anything but stand over him. Know it sounds terrible but there was blood around. Jesus could you imagine.

You're dead right. If it came to a choice between helping a junkie who has got themselves into that situation, and possibly contracting AIDS or some such, I'd be standing well back and letting the professionals handle it. It does sound bad but at the end of the day being a good samaritan has to have a line surely. It's different if its some kid whos been hit by a car or some guy who's fallen off a roof etc...theyre generally not going to be likely to have diseases that can ruin your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I remember those ones in Primary school, they told us stuff like one ecstasy can kill you and talked specifically about the Leah Betts case. But when these kids grow up and end up taking these drugs and realise they arent so bad, they think well if they're wrong about that they must be wrong about everything, it was just pure scaremongering to stop kids taking drugs rather than the truth.

Spunge wrote: »
    I remember those ones in Primary school, they told us stuff like one ecstasy can kill you and talked specifically about the Leah Betts case. But when these kids grow up and end up taking these drugs and realise they arent so bad, they think well if they're wrong about that they must be wrong about everything, it was just pure scaremongering to stop kids taking drugs rather than the truth.
    I agree that a lot of it is scaremongering but anyone with common sense can tell what's true and what's bull****. Anybody I know that takes hard drugs or knows people taking them are fully aware of the damage they cause though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

not really the place for serious post but my worst day working in the city centre was when some couple left their 3 year old standing outside the alley near where i used to work, which was used constantly as a shooting gallery, and headed off for a fix pushing an even younger kid in a pram. i was coming back with coffee when i saw this and ended up watching her 'cause the poor kid was completely terrified. she kept peering into the dark, stinking alley and jumping away from passersby, who largely ignored the fact an obviously distressed toddler was standing in a filthy tracksuit on her own on a busy street. there was nothing i could do except smile at her and try to be friendly from a relative distance. it clearly wasn't the first time this had happened and in a messed up way, i suppose they may have figured they were doing her a favour by not bringing her down the alley 'cause it was always crammed with junkies and people fighting. it was unbelievably sad. i'd never feel like this under normal circumstances but for those few minutes every bone in my body just wanted to grab her and take her away from that. obviously you can't. after fifteen minutes or so of watching her the parents emerged and that was it. couldn't even find the words to say anything to them and they weren't really in a state to listen anyway. said it to guard who was picking up a shoplifter while this was going on and she was sympathetic but said there wasn't much they could do bar go down the alley and get the parents. i know there's lots of sad stories and lots of crap childhoods but that kid seriously still haunts me. don't even feel angry towards the parents. got to know some of the local junkies and most of them were grand, though in various states of denial about the extent of their habit. wish there was some grand solution but there's not. it's a horrible drug.

That post is just so heartwrenching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

That post is just so heartwrenching

how is the Heroin situation in the People's Republic these days?
    Still worsening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Daegerty wrote: »
    how is the Heroin situation in the People's Republic these days?
    Still worsening?

Dunno if it's worsening, but I lived near Talbot Street in Dublin for a while and witnessed people actually stepping over a junkie lying deadly still outside a Spar, about 3 and a half years back. Says a lot about the situation here, sadly.

Advertisement