Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting mma into irish media, numbers needed please

• 25-02-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Im currently working on getting irish mma onto a bigger news platform to get into the more viewed news channels.(all will be revealed)

What i need is numbers....

If your a fan of irish mma, all you have to do is like this post (thumbs up in the bottom right corner) even if your lurking in the shadows and dont post, or are not even registered, please get involved and get this done it will take 2 seconds of your time.

What i need from clubs is just membership numbers, if you dont want these in public pm them to me please.

And if one of you beautiful mods could make this sticky for a little while it would be much appreciated.

A little bit of effort in this from everyone, and i mean very little, could open alot of doors!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭medicsie

Can you be more specific as to what media you are looking to get it into? National, International, Print, Social Media, Web, Blogs, so on?.

Is it a good profile fit with Irish MMA and where it's at at the moment?.

Having club membership numbers wouldn't help except if you were doing a profile on every single club, or are you after a total of all people currently training in MMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

medicsie wrote: »
    Can you be more specific as to what media you are looking to get it into? National, International, Print, Social Media, Web, Blogs, so on?.

Is it a good profile fit with Irish MMA and where it's at at the moment?.

Having club membership numbers wouldn't help except if you were doing a profile on every single club, or are you after a total of all people currently training in MMA?

National, international wont happen ever!

As to the types of media, there are numerous including the ones you have mentioned, however excluding blogs.

Good profile fit for irish mma where it is at the mintue, the problem is irish mma is no where at the minute, there is no national coverage so yes, any coverage is a good fit.

And club numbers are to show numbers of people involved in the sport as well as supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

You will surprised of the negative replies you will get here.When it comes to MMA and Irish media.

Corks 96fm mention the mma event in Cork a few months ago which i thought was great....others... well you'll see yourself soon

I'm behind you and wish you luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'm totally behind this in any way possible, as seemingly now it is protocol for irish mma events to ask websites that wish to cover the event for their
    " National Union of Journalists card with your details "

Cowzer, Andy Ryan, Barry ? shall you be inquiring for all of us to present this also ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chris Shanks

You should really join the NUJ they are a great support, I don't know how many many times I have seen myself in trouble because I pissed someone off and they were more than helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭medicsie

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    National, international wont happen ever!

As to the types of media, there are numerous including the ones you have mentioned, however excluding blogs.

Good profile fit for irish mma where it is at the mintue, the problem is irish mma is no where at the minute, there is no national coverage so yes, any coverage is a good fit.

And club numbers are to show numbers of people involved in the sport as well as supporters

Fair play, best of luck to you.

I think you should stress in whatever way you approach these news outlets, that safety is a huge part of each event and ultimately the only reason the events can go on, is because of the safety precautions taken.

As the poster above said, one of the mma events was being discussed on the radio in cork, not a bad start!.

Where do you think public perception lies with regard to MMA in Ireland?.

You should really join the NUJ they are a great support, I don't know how many many times I have seen myself in trouble because I pissed someone off and they were more than helpful.

I suppose they could help AFTER you have pissed someone off and had trodden into shady areas...who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chris Shanks

It happens when you have an opinion ;)

It happens when you have an opinion ;)

Often opinions can be dangerously close to the truth people do not want to get out. :D

Anyway, best of luck tommy and let me know if i can be of any help. Then again i only write for a website and don't have any bought NUJ protection etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

cork evening echo have one page every wednesday dedicated to mma which is great and red fm are big supporters, they do way more then 96fm. things are heading in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Thanks whore.

Advertisement