Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to obtain a national craft cert copy

Options
  • 25-02-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I completed electrical apprenticship about 10years ago but cant find the cert awarded to me,i need it for an overseas job & was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about getting one re issued? is it a matter of just ringing up fas or is there alot of hassle involved?? any info welcomed! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

afaik its only the craft card that can be replaced and not the actual cert, i think the cert. is a one off but im not sure if you could get something else stating your qualification.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

I know when I got mine it said not to lose it as they can't be replaced. Get on to FÁS about it, they might point you in the right direction.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I guess you mean your National Craft Cert ?

Fas sent me two! I know another apprentice that got his Senior Trades Cert before he sat the exam. My point is, they are very disorganized. If I were you I would simply apply for it as though it was the your time and I bet they will simply send it to you. Failing that I am sure they would issue you a covering letter that will satisfy your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

As far as I know you cant be issued another cert or card, but Fas can give you a letter stating when you completed your apprentiship on headed paper and stamped, also they can give you a copy of the results from all your phases from your log book , this will be proof enough for your employer did for me in oz and nz. as above contact fas and best of luck with the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

I have since been workng with someone who got a replacement through Fetac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

I understand there is some wait i hope to be finishing my apprenticeship in the coming weeks is there anything fas can give me to say i am done? a letter or anything and will be it worth any use to me in canada?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Calgary22 wrote: »
    I understand there is some wait i hope to be finishing my apprenticeship in the coming weeks is there anything fas can give me to say i am done? a letter or anything and will be it worth any use to me in canada?:D

i asked ... all fas can offer is a headed letter.. fetac look after the cert so u wud have to hassle fetac.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

cheers for that kelledy that would do me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

FETAC are slow at issuing all certs I find not just craft certs. There printer only gets switched on for 2 days a year.

Advertisement