Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile signal booster

Options
  • 25-02-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I heard an advertisment on the radio from vodafone for a thing that you plug in, in your house and it boosts the mobile signal.
    Can anyone tell me anything about this and what is it called?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Just came to this forum to see if there was any review of it myself. It's called sure signal, and you can buy from Vodafone shops. Think it's €99 unless perchance you have a vodafone dsl line.

It plugs into your broadband and routes your calls over this, so I would imagine you need fairly stable broadband with minimum 1Mb speed. You can allow up to 8 (I presume vodafone only) numbers to use it.

Can't see anything about a subscription (thank god) because at the end of the day you're giving vodafone more money because their signal is inadequate.

Anyway, would love to hear how it is working out for anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Any feedback on the Vodafone device lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

I haven't got one so cant really give any opinions on them....sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

any chance meteor would get something similar as this?

i have crap meteor coverage in my house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

jaytobe wrote: »
    Any feedback on the Vodafone device lads?

Yes, I have one an find it to be very good. You pay the once off $99 and there are no further charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Yes, I have one an find it to be very good. You pay the once off $99 and there are no further charges.

I wouldn't say no further charges, from Vodafone website:
    Exclusive to Vodafone customers, Sure Signal uses your broadband line to give you strong mobile phone coverage throughout your building.

So you may want to keep track of your usage if you have a fair usage policy on the broadband line! That and you have to have broadband connection of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 c0y0te_

@Barra: I'm on poxy meteor as well (worst decision I ever made and can't wait for the contract to be up so I can bail)... anyway I step 2 feet inside my door and the signal vanishes so I went looking for a solution a came across these lads

http://gsmsignalboost.com

I got a GSM booster from this crowd and it works perfectly. Comes with a flat panel external aerial thingy and then uses an amplifier and internal flexi antenna to boost the signal. Feckin' brilliant gadget!!

I also downloaded an android app called 'antennas' for my smartphone and was able to figure out exactly why I had such crap reception, because if you can image a ven diagram of meteor voice signal/coverage on one side and meteor data cell tower signal coverage on the other guess where my sodding house ends up... yup right in the middle of no mans land.

Seriously though - next to a media streamer thingy I got from Western Digital last year this mobile booster gizmo is fab... mind you I'm still going to move from Meteor first chance I get!

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BassFishing

some of the boosters sold by vodafone or other mobile providers only boost their signal so if somebody with a mobile from a different company called to you their reception could still be bad. Its better to get one that boosts all signals. I got mine on ebay.ie last year and its working perfect and it cost me 195€ with postage waited 2 days and you install it yourself. Very easy to install. Im thinking now to upgrade it to one that boost 3G internet and Mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

It should be noted that the Vodafone sure signal doesn't boost your signal. Your calls are routed via broadband, hence the requirement to have sufficient bandwidth for your internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement