Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with French..

• 25-02-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

As the topic title says, I just can't seem to grasp French! I'm wondering if anybody has any tips that I can use? At this stage I just want to try learn phrases I can work into any little essay/paragraph thing. What topics in particular should I cover? They can be very vague. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

learning a language can be difficult seeing as it's not learning off facts.
    What you should do is revise as much grammar as possible. Break up vocab into sections; racism, drugs, your home etc.
    Learn loads of stuff for your oral and pick up words from comprehensions.
    Otherwise, sit at your desk, with a grammar book and a dictionary and do loads of questions. Your french book should have loads of phrases and you should notice things that come up again and again.
    It's hard work. But that's the Leaving cert for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

If you can i would recommend you get the book bac superior..... Its really good

Has good grammer and loads of sentences you just learn. Its a very well structured book that makes it a bit easier to learn! Or theres a really gpod revosion book is an orange and black one called rapid revision french!

Oh and the site francais.ie has good grammer notes and there free....

Hope it helps!

Advertisement