Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer won't pay redundancy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

The offsets are happening evey day of the week Wolff.
    Perhaps you would want to get with the programme on this.

Hi Happy Mondays , yes offsets are allowed, but you must show inability to pay your tax liabilities, its not an automatic offset.

afaik its not allowable against paye/prsi .

maybe a half apology would do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Shelflife wrote: »
    The offsets are happening evey day of the week Wolff.
    Perhaps you would want to get with the programme on this.

Hi Happy Mondays , yes offsets are allowed, but you must show inability to pay your tax liabilities, its not an automatic offset.

afaik its not allowable against paye/prsi .

maybe a half apology would do ;)[/QUOTE]

You should be in Fianna Fail.
    Companies are able to offset Redundancy receivable against PAYE/PRSI and VAT - full stop.
    Our company does it all the time with agreement from both the DETE and Revenue.
    So much for the argument of this being nonsense on the basis that these are two separate government departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

[QUOTE

You should be in Fianna Fail.
    Companies are able to offset Redundancy receivable against PAYE/PRSI and VAT - full stop.
    Our company does it all the time with agreement from both the DETE and Revenue.
    So much for the argument of this being nonsense on the basis that these are two separate government departments.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure what exactly you're trying to say in the above comment.

I stated that offsets are allowable with the agreement of revenue, you say that your company does it with agreement from revenue. whats the difference?

i clarified my paye/prsi statement with an afaik caveat, you state that your company gets this offset and thats fine by me.

not sure where the i should be in ff comment comes in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The OP has got his/her advice.

Thread is now getting spatty, so being closed, Move it to PM if you want to continue the discussion.

That said ... I would love to hear the outcome. So, OP, when/if you get it resolved, PM me and I'll open it up for your good/bad news story. Fingers crossed it's good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement