Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heavily overcharged by upc

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 R3laX

I am not replying anymore to your mails I have provided you with as much information as I can and as I have mentioned the warning letter advises you on how much you have to stay under.

Regards

Mia

That's what I got awhile ago(when there was nothing in their AUP), after asking too many questions...

And one more thing:
    The Broadband Extreme pack is 30mb speed pack with a usage threshold of 550GB per month it is at a cost of 9.99 per month as far as I was aware this detail is in the warning letter.

Regards

Mi
    How many people have seen this letter? Have You seen 550GB in there? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ok I am getting no satisfaction at all from <AUP> or UPC on this issue.

they have blanked me completely at this stage and will not answer any of my requests or acknowledge their billing and usage clerical errors regarding my long ongoing issue with upc.

the <AUP> upc manager has not got back to me in two days as I was told nor have I received any reply from upc since.

I am totally astonished by the unprofessional conduct of upc customer care/billing and <AUP> by the fact that they have not even acknowledged my issue after almost a week dealing with this and have been very rude as well.

I am left now with no other choice but to seek professional help and take this further.

also I forgot to add that when I phoned customer care <upc> I was told by <upc siobhan> to contact <AUP> about my issue again and when that was done to phone siobhan again at upc.

I done that and when i contacted upc by phone and asked to speak to siobhan the person in upc customer care told me there is no such name on their account in that name which I found unusual to say the least.

so I then asked to speak to Laura O' sullivan upc broadband usage CoOrdinator that I was in contact with via E-mail and I was told once again that no such person is on account there in upc ?.

this is the upc customer response that I had to deal with. not one person want's to acknowledge that I exist as a upc customer. but it states here that this person does exist in upc.

well I will be cancelling upc tv phone and broadband package tomorrow afternoon and sending in the registered letter. we have had enough of this. but a letter to comreg will be in the post in a day or two either way

I just want to say thanks for all the replies and thanks to DUB45 for the good information you gave.

there is no point in paying for a package with a service provider that has no professional conduct to their customers.

cheers

colin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

R3laX wrote: »
    That's what I got awhile ago(when there was nothing in their AUP), after asking too many questions...

And one more thing:
    The Broadband Extreme pack is 30mb speed pack with a usage threshold of 550GB per month it is at a cost of 9.99 per month as far as I was aware this detail is in the warning letter.

Regards

Mi

How many people have seen this letter? Have You seen 550GB in there? ;)

Surely it should be very easy for any UPC staff member to check the contents of any such letter and establish exactly what it says?

• Advertisement

Taking in mind that they send the same letter to everyone(who exceeds the limit), shouldn't be that hard, especially for someone who works in that department for years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

R3laX wrote: »
    Taking in mind that they send the same letter to everyone(who exceeds the limit), shouldn't be that hard, especially for someone who works in that department for years...
    if UPC are anything like other ISP's, there will be very few people working in phone support there for more than a year without either jacking it in or moving onwards and upwards internally.

i worked in phone support for an ISP (admittedly many years ago) for 11 months and by the time i had left there was maybe only 5% of the people still there who were there when i started my job and they were hiring & training new people on pretty much a bi-weekly basis to counter the amount who were leaving.

For phone support - yes, but not for kind of a person who previously wrote(that was in the same email):
    I have been working here for many years now and the Fair usage<...>

Mia Manek

vibe666 wrote: »
    if UPC are anything like other ISP's, there will be very few people working in phone support there for more than a year without either jacking it in or moving onwards and upwards internally.

i worked in phone support for an ISP (admittedly many years ago) for 11 months and by the time i had left there was maybe only 5% of the people still there who were there when i started my job and they were hiring & training new people on pretty much a bi-weekly basis to counter the amount who were leaving.

All the more reason then for any standard letters that are regularly issued to customers to be readily available on the "system" for csrs to refer to in their dealings with customers? Surely any moderately competent organisation could arrange this?

Do Companies not keep copies of letters that actually issue to people anymore?

zenno wrote: »
    I just want to say thanks for all the replies and thanks to DUB45 for the good information you gave.

there is no point in paying for a package with a service provider that has no professional conduct to their customers.

cheers

colin.

I am regularly criticised here for my criticism of UPC but as experiences like yours show they are an appalling organisation in so many ways and most worryingly as you have found they have a serious integrity problem to put it kindly.

Excellent products do not excuse the sort of behaviour that upc daily inflict on customers.

• Advertisement

all I will say to people out there thinking of going with upc' be very very wise yourself before you make a contract with them.

they might have a good broadband speed but if you ever end up having to deal with them like I just have, you will be disgusted the way they will treat you as a customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

all I will say to people out there thinking of going with upc' be very very wise yourself before you make a contract with them.

they might have a good broadband speed but if you ever end up having to deal with them like I just have, you will be disgusted the way they will treat you as a customer.

Hi Zenno. This is your soul mate here! We are in the same boat and it really is stressful dealing with UPC. Every contact with UPC is a battle - they just repeat the same thing "contact aup". I even tried to cancel today and was told to call back on Monday. Their Broad Band is great, if not the best in Ireland but this whole "unlimited usage with a monthly limit that you can bust in a day" is nonsense.

I'm going to switch to SmartTelecom 25 MB for BroadBand and Sky for TV.

Now going to have a beer to try and calm down...

Hi Zenno. This is your soul mate here! We are in the same boat and it really is stressful dealing with UPC. Every contact with UPC is a battle - they just repeat the same thing "contact aup". I even tried to cancel today and was told to call back on Monday. Their Broad Band is great, if not the best in Ireland but this whole "unlimited usage with a monthly limit that you can bust in a day" is nonsense.

I'm going to switch to SmartTelecom 25 MB for BroadBand and Sky for TV.

Now going to have a beer to try and calm down...

yeh it sure is a nightmare thats forsure. I never thought people can be changed/converted into robots' but I know now that is possible with UPC customer care.

dub45 wrote: »
    All the more reason then for any standard letters that are regularly issued to customers to be readily available on the "system" for csrs to refer to in their dealings with customers? Surely any moderately competent organisation could arrange this?
    when did they get reasonably competent? :confused:

:pac:

this is not an easy post.

just to update I have sent a registered letter to comreg which in my opinion is not going to do much i'd doubt.

I feel a total disgust even writing this now.

there are 3 of us here using this tv and 30MB broadband package and the conclusion was made as to just pay UPC off to save us the hastle of getting onto Eircom and getting our line connected again and the hastle of line rental and also getting a sky dish put on the roof.

so the majority decided to just pay it "€129 over usage" which makes me feel quite sick.

sky will be "hopefully" bringing in the broadband to the republic of ireland soon so my contract with UPC will be up soon and at that stage we can dump UPC for good.

UPC IMO only means one thing' useless p$%$^ c$$%$

there is not enough competition with cable service providers in the north side. as magnet have an ultimate 50 deal that looks good to me. but is unfortunately not available in my area. so it's upc or Eircom phone-line broadband. welcome to the third world country of broadband ireland.

sky will be "hopefully" bringing in the broadband to the republic of ireland soon so my contract with UPC will be up soon and at that stage we can dump UPC for good.
    that's unlikely according to the people in the know on here, it's been mentioned quite a few times that sky broadband would be great for competition in ireland, but the general consensus is that it's not going to be worth it for them to do if you take into account the costs involved versus the benefits.

i forget specifically why it's a non-runner for sky here, but i'm sure someone with a better memory than me will be able to say.

well I know this reply is a late one but I had to add it here...

regarding the over-usage charge that UPC charged us for going over their so-called 250GB limit. I said we ended up paying it and we were not happy about it as this is already stated in this thread.

as I said we payed it and when we got the bill upc deducted the over-usage charge after all the crap I went through with them. basically they didn't charge me a cent for going over my broadband limit in the end. I wonder what changed their mind ? as I never heard of this happening anyone else. don't get me wrong I am happy that I got my money back but after all the junk dealing with them over this issue they just decide to not charge me in the end. well happy day's anyway I just thought I would update on this.

Advertisement