Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isy xbox faulty or is it me?

• 25-02-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Got one for Xmas. Tried it a few days ago. When turning it on the following happens. Power button goes red and nothing happens, it starts up and stays green and nothing, it gets to xbox logo and freezes, I select game and then it freezes.

About every 5th time things go ok and I can play. I have tried 3 different games and the same thing happens. I haven' t downloaded any update yet but didn't think that would matter.

Turning it on correctly as far as I know so before I run back to gamestop and shout foul I said i'd better check here. It's been a few years since I went near a games console and it might just be me:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

Sounds like its broke to me. When you turn it on do you get 3 red lights? It shouldn't be freezing on ya anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

There should be a few threads on here on how replace it or rrepair it if it's not in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

He got it for Xmas so warranty shouldn't be a problem unless he got it second hand. If its the 3 red lights then its a very common problem http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Usually it goes green for a few seconds and then turns red. No 3 red lights. Just constant red around power button. It's only 2 months old so warranty not a problem.

As I said its been a while since I had a console and I just wanted to check I'm not doing something stupid before I go back to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Its a warranty issue, call ms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Most important question first of all, what model is it? Is it the new Slim model (black, with a 4GB or 250GB HD) or is it one of the last batch of the previous model?

If it's the Slim then warranty is definite, only out six months so send it back to MS, get it repaired and get a Live Sub for your troubles. You can bring it back to GS but won't gett a sub and they'll possibly just refer you back to MS anyway as they are entitled to do.

If it's the old model it's the same solution so long as there's a receipt, if not you may be in trouble as the older models were around for some time.

Either way it's a manufacturing fault, so long as you have the right documentation or it's a Slim you're covered, but definitely a fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

As far as I can tell its the new 250gig model.

I will pop into gamestop today.

Cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

he bought it from gamestop so the contract is with them not Microsoft.

he is entitled to either

a refund
    a replacement
    a repair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Its you... You're faulty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

dunworth1 wrote: »
    he bought it from gamestop so the contract is with them not Microsoft.

he is entitled to either

a refund
    a replacement
    a repair

Which Game Stop can get him...from Microsoft. There's no onus on Game Stop to take in the faulty console and swap it for a new one, that's an absolutely nonsense notion concocted by consumers, take it from someone who has to endure the hassle of returning faults at the end of the year, no store wants to do this.

The retailer has 4(? not completely sure of this figure) week in which they can source a repair or replacement, after which time a refund is required. It will be far quicker to send it back to MS yourself and as I said, you'll get a Live subscription for your trouble.

All this being said, if GameStop decide to just replace it on the spot, fair play to them, but they are under no obligation to do so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement