Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOCK N LOAD on the military channel

Options
  • 25-02-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Check out this new program on sky military.
    It gives the history of all types of guns,tanks,helicopters etc etc.
    Lee Ermy is the guy who does it,,he is the drill instructor from the movie FULL METAL JACKET.
    Last week was handguns from flintlock pistols to the mini uzi and glock18 machine pistol and featured a 50 cal revolver,awsome piece of kit used for close quarter hunting protection from bears moose etc.
    its a must for all shooting and gun fans/collectors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

Watched it wednesday night, i think, fantastic and very entertaining programme, hes a nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

funny when in the pistol episode he nearly hits himself in the face with the handgun and in the one with the .50 sniper rifle he gets a face full of scope cutting the bridge of his nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

watch it quite often, the shotgun episode was good. showing what kind of damage the buckshot does.
    it would be a lot better if R.lee wasnt so fukn dramatic. Oooh Raaah

i never new until the other day he was never a gsgt until way after his marine days,they bumped him up to gsgt for services to the marines after he retired, ie entertaining troops in iraq and such

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D If you've seen Stanley Kubricks movie "full metal jacket", he's the hard assed sergeant giving the recruits a bollocking. He refers to it in the programme on ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

He is mental tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

for an ex marine gunnery seargent he does not handle recoil very well,,nearly knocked himself out with the 44 magnum pistol.
    did yopu see the slow motion bit of his arm when firing the 50 cal revolver,,that thing could do damage to a smaller person if they fired it.
    great show ooohh raaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

daveob007 wrote: »
    for an ex marine gunnery seargent he does not handle recoil very well,,nearly knocked himself out with the 44 magnum pistol.
    did yopu see the slow motion bit of his arm when firing the 50 cal revolver,,that thing could do damage to a smaller person if they fired it.
    great show ooohh raaa

Did you ever fire a short barrel .44mag?

I did, 50 rounds.
    Recoil is dreadful.
    Horrible to shoot as a result.

I can only guess what a 50cal Pistol is like :eek:

Held one in my hand, it was a very heavy pistol to help absorb recoil though.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

as i am fairly light,i found the .38 s&w revolver enough for me,would not try the 44 or .357 magnum as for the 50 cal it would break my arm.

the slow motion shot of lee firing the 50 cal was awsome,,his whole arm showed the massive shockwave going from his wrist right up to his elbow.

i think he deserves extra marks for not editing out the bits where he makes mistakes!makes the show better ithink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭guns4fun

I think the show is brilliant,,some very interesting targets like a car for the minigun,gumball jars and loads of melons etc.
    thats what I call fun shooting....
    also amazing what you can own in the states,,compared to us...
    oooohhh raahh lock n load.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

love the show, ive the full series 1 on disc, gotta love them yanks. Anyone fancy a series pm me for a small fee. :D

Advertisement