Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Business Sense

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Why do some dealers/distributors try to put you off making a purchase?????:mad: I'm in the on the lookout for a .17 HMR so i rang an Irish distributor for Sako to get a ballpark figure while waiting for dealers to get back to me. Gobsmacked by the response i got;
    Sako Quad Synthetic Varmint, .17HMR & .22lr barrels & 2 mags - E1615. & if you buy now it'll be October before 1 comes into the country.:eek::eek::eek:
    The same setup in the UK comes to 836stg.
    Now i know as a wholesaler they don't sell to the public but"in this current economic climate" you'd swear they'd be doing a lot more to encourage a sale. Its just bad business in my opinion because if i was as green as they were making me out to be they'd have talked some dealer out of business.

CUT THE BULL***T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

i thought in this country you will only get the barrel on the rifle and no extra one bcos you will need a seperate licence for it or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

ace86 wrote: »
    i thought in this country you will only get the barrel on the rifle and no extra one bcos you will need a seperate licence for it or something like that

You'd need two licenses, but there's nothing stopping anyone applying for two, three, four for the quad. Just need good enough reason.

As for dealers and distributor, not much you can do about the latter. But, if a dealer has bad customer service I'd take my money elsewhere. It's the only way some people will learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Ardee? They put a good friend of mine off purchasing a gun some months ago:rolleyes: No interest at all helping people source or choose a firearm. Usual Irish S**T:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

kay 9 wrote: »
    Ardee? They put a good friend of mine off purchasing a gun some months ago:rolleyes: No interest at all helping people source or choose a firearm. Usual Irish S**T:rolleyes:

You know i couldn't possibly reveal my sources;)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I rang them a few years ago when I was looking for a sako trg with the stainless barrel. They told me they were not available to the public and were only for military use.
    I then rang GMK in the UK and they had them in stock so I got a dealer in N Ireland to get me one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

if he said that price id <have declined his offer>. Same usual crap out of <snip>.
    see if a dealer will import one from uk for you.
    the sako quad is a deadly gun and id would be worth getting one, but not at that price. thats about €600 to much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

its sick looking at a gun in america for 400 dollars which ends up costing double in euro here.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

garv123 wrote: »
    its sick looking at a gun in america for 400 dollars which ends up costing double in euro here.

Me too.
    How is it that I can buy scopes in the US then pay postage. import duty, vat and an post and it still costs less than buying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Xplor.er wrote: »
    see if a dealer will import one from uk for you.
    the sako quad is a deadly gun and id would be worth getting one, but not at that price. thats about €600 to much

Thats exactly what is goin to happen. While i was munching on my lasagne a dealer rang to let me know how he was getting on with the search for me. He wasn't at all surprised to hear what they had said.

Advertisement