Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macklemore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

Otherside is incredible, literally can't stop listening to it. The language of my world is a pretty impressive album as well :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i'm kinda liking him except for the Irish Celebration song.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

nice find fella, like his sound.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

he's getting quite large over in the US of A and doing lots of headline touring.
    At the moment he is touring with Blueprint and has recently had stints with Sims and Grieves and Budo.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

great find.

where can i get his music?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Otherside is really nice, must look into his other stuff. Not a huge fan of irish celebration either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think he's spectacularly cheesy. Are we really praising a rapper who samples Otherside by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? His beat choices are cringe before he even spits, and when he does I begin to think maybe Mac Miller isn't the most rapper of 2011 after all.

• Advertisement

Lyrics shapey lyrics, and that beat is great and not just an attempt to cover over a crap song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think he's spectacularly cheesy. Are we really praising a rapper who samples Otherside by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? His beat choices are cringe before he even spits, and when he does I begin to think maybe Mac Miller isn't the most rapper of 2011 after all.

Ryan Lewis, the producer who sampled it, is fantastic. He used the sample really well and added a lot to it. The sameple works too considering the subject matter.

I think he flows pretty well and lyrically he's nice as.

As said though, Ryan Lewis is fantastic, his work in the Versus album is top notch, his use of strings is second to none.

Also, flipper said after supporting him in Dublin it was the Dublin hiphop gig he's seen in years.

The more I hear Mackelmore, the more I like him. He builds up his verses incredibly well and delivery is top notch.
    I really like the VS EP with Ryan Lewis.

@Seaneh - I seen Flipster comments alright, I think Mackelmore himself said it was one of his best gigs. I was trying to wangle guest list but no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

He's not the worst, decent lyrics and flow. Reminds me a little of Geologic from Blue Scholars, maybe a Seattle influence. That Irish Celebration track was an ill advised venture, dont want to ever hear it again.

Its not that bad, not one of his better songs though and a bit corny at times.

To be fair, Irish Celebration is one of the better songs about, erm, celebrating being Irish. It has it's corny moments, but it's tolerable.

Oh jesus there are worse songs about celebrating being irish?

Oh jesus there are worse songs about celebrating being irish?

Nuff said

Yeah I forgot about that, I think that is on the level of the assasin, mc dubh and puretone tbh.

gotta say i came to macklemore late but am impressed with the bit ive heard.
    as for irish celebration, i love it, probably cheesy but fukk it all songs of that ilk are, by their definition, and what they represent they are gonna be some what cheesy.

live show in N.Y. excellent show according to RapRadar.

http://rapradar.com/2011/12/07/macklemore-sold-out-nyc-performance-2/

• Advertisement

How big is he in the states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Ha I haven't heard that in years.

How big is he in the states?

As far as I know, he has quite a big following and was support on big tours for big names. I think he's a household name in and around Seattle.
    But he has started headlining himself so he's moved back to smaller venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Liking him so far. Will be looking out for his album when it drops.

Advertisement