Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piece of plastic inside chocolate!!!

Options
  • 26-02-2011 12:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭

i was eating dairyfine "crunchers" which I bought in aldi and one of them had a piece of plastic inside it(picture)
    what should I do?
    http://imgur.com/h6VnI

h6VnIl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Throw it in the bin:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Swallow it "by accident" then when it becomes tangled in your gut requiring surgery, go to the hospital, make a big scene on joe duffy and get 6million euro compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

i was eating dairyfine "crunchers" which I bought in aldi and one of them had a piece of plastic inside it(picture)
    what should I do?
    http://imgur.com/h6VnI

h6VnIl.jpg

Probably less harmful to your health than the sweets.

Throw it in the bin...

Or

Return it to the shop where you bought it with a detailed letter explaining your near death experience, in the hopes that they will never put anybody else's life in such peril..

And then after an exhaustive investigation, they can throw it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

OP it would be wise to let ALDI know, they issue product recalls all the time because of safety concerns, they can't unless concerns are reported though, all concerns are taken very seriously because quite frankly they have to, especially where sweets are concerned, kids wind pipes aren't really conducive to hard plastic.

There is no need to go Joe Duffy on it, it might be a once off or it could be a manufacturing fault which contaminated a batch, either way it's a safety concern and it would be prudent to let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

Write to the confectionery company and complain, they might send you out something. But the most you'd get out of them would probably be a cheque for €5 or a voucher for more sweets or something like that. I used to work for a confectionery company years ago and part of my job there was replying to complaint letters. Finding foreign objects in food in a really common thing. While I worked at the sweet company, we had customers that found hair, finger nails, used chewing gum, pieces of fabric, rubber and plastic, even teeth in sweet packets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When I saw the thread topic I immediately thought 'Kinder egg'...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

When I was a child I bit into a Granby burger and there was some wood in it. We brought it back to the shop, they took our details and a few days later a man from granby pulled up outside the house. The bloke came in, spoke for about 5 minutes straight without letting us get a word in edgeways, and then gave us enough granby products to half fill a standing freezer. It was great.

Advertisement