Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Problem.

Options
  • 26-02-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E.

I'm having trouble connecting to free wifi spots.

Everything works great at home.

When i connect to the wifi networks they never work. All that comes up is "Internet Unavailable".
    As in it connects to the Wifi spot but i cant get internet access.

Any ideas where to start with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

anyone? :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Who is your isp?

For example I have found that if you run the Eircom set up disc it sets up a dns which points to the eircom router and this would stop connections to other wifi hot spots

Have you checked the properties of your wireless network adaptor?

If you have windows 7 try control panel/network and sharing centre/change adapter settings/wireless network connection/properties and then check tcp/ipv4.

Also you could check your firewall settings and see if they are very restrictive by any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

dub45 wrote: »
    Who is your isp?

For example I have found that if you run the Eircom set up disc it sets up a dns which points to the eircom router and this would stop connections to other wifi hot spots

Have you checked the properties of your wireless network adaptor?

If you have windows 7 try control panel/network and sharing centre/change adapter settings/wireless network connection/properties and then check tcp/ipv4.

Also you could check your firewall settings and see if they are very restrictive by any chance.
    Tcp/ipv4 is on.
    Im with UPC.
    Im not sure about the firewall ididnt mess around with any settings though. Is there anyway just to wipe all the SP off the computer and start again fresh and see if that solves the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MorganG831

Dunno :L

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

IF you check in Internet Options - Connections Tab - Lan Settings: is there anything ticked in there?

What firewall do you have cause sometimes they have different profiles and your UPC one could be set to Home and access allowed but Public Profiles could be disabled?

• Advertisement
Advertisement