Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of quality HRVS

Options
  • 26-02-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I am looking for a heat recovery ventilation system for new build circa 2400 sq/ft.

I am aware there are a lot of crap, probably chinese built systems.

One company said the size of house was too big for their single unit system but on the small side for double unit system, but would have to fit double unit system which would be far more expensive.

Can someone recommend a good system that can do that size of house, thats cost effective, and maybe a reliable supplier.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

I'm interested on mhrv too , has any one come across a system that the information can be taken from the unit , ie data acquisition from the mhrv unit via rs232 or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

PM Sent

Cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭uptowngirly

Can I get a PM too pretty please

Pm Sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Topper74

Hi Guys,

Can I get a Pm on this too.
    Thx

Pm Sent

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Hi. I would like that info too please.

But I thought it was ok to name companies/brands on the prices/costs forum.:confused:

PM Sent

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 V6DEC

Could I have those details via PM too - Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickyoc

Could I get the pm aswel please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SARAH ANNE

could u pm me please as well thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

Hi
    I looking for the same any chance of a PM too.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭valtra2

can i get pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Am I missing something or is the point of this price/costs forum so that people can name companies?

I'm putting in a Brink system myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Lemlin wrote: »
    Am I missing something or is the point of this price/costs forum so that people can name companies?

I'm putting in a Brink system myself.

Are Brink not the same company as MTD, same people office just a different name??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DonegalMick

Can i also get info about mhrv, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Can someone share this information pls ?

its allowed in this forum

Hi Guys

I will upload a Vortice HR 400 and a Ubbink brochure along with a chart to compare different HRV systems.
    If that's allowed.
    But will have to check with the Mods first,
    I can't risk a ban.

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Does anyone have experience of different systems.? If someone has a good bad experience of certain systems/companies. I started this thread in the hoping of getting peoples experience of products and suppliers. There seems to be alot of sales people, but is there anyone else that can talk from experience rather than selling..

• Advertisement

If a person is putting in HRVS and looking at concrete floors, allowing you will probably have to bore big holes in the concrete for the ducting will the sound benefits of the concrete floors be negated?
    Does this make it a poor choice of flooring if you want to have HRVS?
    Is there a quiter alternative? and yes we want UFH.
    It would probably be easier with joists but we are worried about sound.
    Is there anyone that done Hrvs with concrete floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CalKul

can i have a pm also,, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SARAH ANNE

CAN U SEND PM PLEASE

If a person is putting in HRVS and looking at concrete floors, allowing you will probably have to bore big holes in the concrete for the ducting will the sound benefits of the concrete floors be negated?

Hi Troy
    First of all I do NOT sell HRV systems but I am associated with a company that is involved with HRV .
    The HRV system is matched to the size of the house with the single unit covering a house of up to 280sqm.
    If your house is over the 280sqm then you would have to look at fitting 2 units.
    When you are measuring your house for HRV you would only include the living area, if your attic is not converted then it doesn't count as living area.
    With regards to concrete floors, you will need a services hole some where in the floor for plumbing and electrical access from down stairs to up stairs.
    This is usually in the utility and is also used for the HRV piping.
    The ducting for the HRV down stairs is flat ridged ducting (200mm x 50) on average and is fitted between the concrete slab and your false ceiling.
    The HRV unit itself is normally fitted in the attic with the air intake and outlet exiting the building through the gable wall or roof, it's normally a 6" pipe (insulated)
    There are HRV units on the Market that can also be fitted in the utility, check out a post in the renewable energy section.
    The 1 problem I have seen with HRV units is where the sewer vent is near the air inlet for the HRV and the smell is drawn back into the house (not nice), this is usually an undersight on the plumbers or builders.
    The best way to find out more about HRV systems is to visit some of the trade shows that are on around the country, you will get the opportunity to talk with different suppliers on the day and get the best deals on offer, bring your drawings.
    If you are considering fitting a HRV then you must also consider the hidden costs of air tightness.
    The standard HRV system will not pass for passiv haus standards.
    Passiv haus require you to fit a HRV system that is registered with them.
    I'm no expert so don't shoot me.

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mark2003

It would be a 'mortal sin' not to put concrete floors into a new house. Just built a house and put in HRVS with concrete floors.No sound problems at all. Joists will start creaking and you will have noise with every footstep.

Cc
    I have talked to alot of sales people and nobody tells you the short comings of their products or even who well the actucally work.. no disrespect to you.
    Thats a good point about the sewer vents. I have also been told it's better where possible to have hrvs in the house as against in the attic, but I cant find the link you refer to.
    What trade shows are you referring to?

Cc
    I have talked to alot of sales people and nobody tells you the short comings of their products or even who well the actucally work.. no disrespect to you.
    Thats a good point about the sewer vents. I have also been told it's better where possible to have hrvs in the house as against in the attic, but I cant find the link you refer to.
    What trade shows are you referring to?

Hi Troy
    You can check out the Modern Homes OR Self Build shows around Ireland
    I will PM you a company that have a HRV unit that fits in the utility

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

In our 3100 sq ft house we have 2 units - house split into 2 for pipe work.
    One unit in attic, other in store room.
    No noise from attic at all. Slight whistle would be the best way to describe the noise from the store room. I haven't had a chance to do some investigating on it.
    Using Vortice units.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

me too please PM me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Can you send me a PM also please.

Advertisement