Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

characters in Ennis

• 26-02-2011 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Reading an old thread about characters in Ennis. For the last few years I've observed this guy going round the town. He visits all the hospitals 3 times a day,can be seen in supermarkets seeking subscriptions for some or other "good cause". He's even been seen at funerals where he has absolutely no connection. He parks his car right up on the foothpath, only in the evenings tho'. Anybody know him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Sounds to me like someone just living their life the way they choose.
    What makes him a charactor in your book ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

... even been seen at funerals where he has absolutely no connection...

Out of the large crowds attending funerals, how would you know that one particular person has no connection?
    He could know someone in the family or he might have known the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eindhoven

I have a question this "Champ"you refer to sounds like a guy I once knew.

I met him in Holland in the 60's, at least I think that it was him. Can anybody give me a little more information on him, such as his name or where he lives. If he is the guy I know then I will tell you all that he was a trend setter in Holland in the 60's , first to wear his hair long and never taking any notice of what others said about him. Thanking you in Advance , Eindhoven( Joe )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Eindhoven wrote: »
    I have a question this "Champ"you refer to sounds like a guy I once knew.

I met him in Holland in the 60's, at least I think that it was him. Can anybody give me a little more information on him, such as his name or where he lives. If he is the guy I know then I will tell you all that he was a trend setter in Holland in the 60's , first to wear his hair long and never taking any notice of what others said about him. Thanking you in Advance , Eindhoven( Joe )

What happens in Holland stays in Holland. For which some of us are profoundly grateful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm locking this thread as it's well over two years old.

If anyone can assist Enidhoven, please PM him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement