Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'6 in 1' Vaccine.. What to expect?

• 26-02-2011 12:36am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Cillian is getting his first round of shots in the morning and I'm just wondering what to expect.. My GP did say that most babies are "out of sorts" for a few hours after getting the injection.. I'm really dreading it :(.. Anyone want to share their experiences?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Hi,
    My little girl was fine after the 6 in 1 but I gave her 2.5 mls of calpol beforehand and another 2.5 before bed time.

Good luck with it, I hate bringing them for the vaccines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

I was dreading Holly getting hers aswell! She screamed when the nurse gave the injection but was fine a few minutes later, after a few cuddles. Had to wait in the waiting room for 10 minutes after, to make sure she didn't break out in a rash or anything.

The nurse told me that she could be a bit restless after it aswell and to keep an eye on her temp for the following 4 days and to give calpol if it was needed! She didn't need it though. She was very sleepy for the day after getting the injections but was back to her smiley self the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bring a bottle! give it to him aftEr he gets the shot and it will comfort him somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The nurse told me in the vast majority of cases, there are no ill effects at all.

I gave him a half teaspoon of calpol before bed that night as a precaution, but he was absolutely fine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks everyone :) I'll bring the Calpol just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Our little girl had a slightly raised temperature that night which kept her and us awake for most of the night. But she took it in her stride and even with her raised temperature and flushed little face she smiled throughout. By morning she was back at a normal temperature.

We have to go back in a couple of weeks for round two and although I'm not looking forward to it I'm not as worried as the first time round.

Your little one will be fine. Good luck with it.

Thanks Liamo.. Well he screamed before she even gave him the shot.. He must have a sixth sense or something.. Poor little man I wanted 2 cry for him :( but he seemed ok afterwards.. had a good sob outside the surgery for a bit and then he fell asleep in the car..

I took him for a good long walk in the pram when I got home to take his mind off the ordeal.. He's flat out asleep now on his Daddy's lap so hopefully he'll sleep now for the night :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

I hated having to take mine for their jabs, but it had to be done. Both screamed initially,(wouldn't even go on the breast), then got sleepy, then got a bit irritable on and off for about 24 hours. Calpol every time and lots of cuddles!

Ooh, wouldn't you just want to take it for them?!!!!

I often wonder if we give them too much all at once, but I always ask the doctor if they would give that particular jab to their own child and if they say yes, I am reassured. I am sure a gp has the access to more information about side effects etc than we, 'Jo public' have (?)

Awe I would have taken 100 needles so he wouldn't have to get his.. If only eh?! I can still hear the screams in my head.. poor little dude :o

Advertisement