Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built Pc but no boot

Options
  • 26-02-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I had a go at building myself a PC, all went well until it was time to boot it up. It starts, fans go, hear the HDD (just about) and the DVD Drives spin up. But there is nothing coming up on screen, just a message with "Monitor going to sleep"

Mobo: ECS Geforce 6100PM - M2
    CPU: AMD Athlon II 64 X4
    PSU: 520W

I cleared the CMOS by taking out the wee battery for a min or so and popping it back in. Still the same, on screen. The motherboard graphics card is being used atm, but I did switch to the ATI Radeon HD 5450 I had on my old rig.

Anything that I missed would be grateful. Thanks a mill in advanced,

Danny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

It only goes in one way, so it must be in right. I will reseat it again 2moro to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Maybe try taking out the graffix card and see if that helps...

Sorted!! Its alive and well.

Turns out that the processor had a lovely bent pin. I straightened it out using the oul credit card trick and all is well. Thanks for your help guys it was truly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Dont ya hate that.........

• Advertisement

Its a kick in the teeth alright.

On another note...I have a Intelligent Network Solutions Wireless 802.11n PCI Card that I put into my rig, Its coming up as no drivers installed and I used the disc that came with, but no joy, just saying that it dont exist, and there is no drivers on the disc that came with it. Is there anywhere I can get them to make it work. I tried the manufactures website, and got the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

What OS is it?

She be using Windows 7 32bit

Advertisement