Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rate these tractors for reliability

• 26-02-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Lads, if you had a choice of 100hp brand new tractors from the following makes, which would you pick, assuming price was the same for each.
    Landini. Zetor. McCormick.
    Maybe my question is simplistic, but I'm asking anyway!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

1. mccormack
    2. landini
    3. zetor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

As I understand, landini and mccormick are pretty much the same tractor under the bonnet. Could be wrong though. I know one mccormick bought new six years ago. Has been reliable, but is well taken care of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Tora Bora wrote: »
    As I understand, landini and mccormick are pretty much the same tractor under the bonnet. Could be wrong though. I know one mccormick bought new six years ago. Has been reliable, but is well taken care of.

They are both owned by the Argo Industrial Group.

1 Landini
    2 McCormick
    3 Zetor

Although looking at the new Zetor unveiled at the Sima show,my opinion on them could change very soon,they have come on a lot looks wise anyways ;)
    IMG_5808Custom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

My biggest concern about Zetor is that it is an orphan manufacturer in a world of multinationals.

Had one before and wasn't impressed with its reliability at all.

Cant comment on the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

hiscan wrote: »
    Although looking at the new Zetor unveiled at the Sima show,my opinion on them could change very soon,they have come on a lot looks wise anyways ;)

Would you really buy a tractor based on looks?

Wait a minute, maybe that's why so many people buy John Deere's?? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

reilig wrote: »
    Would you really buy a tractor based on looks?

Wait a minute, maybe that's why so many people buy John Deere's?? :D:D

Absolutely not :) maybe I worded my reply wrong what I meant to say was,they have come on leaps and bounds looks wise as I always thought they used to look very bland.
    The jury is still out on whether they have changed under the bonnet or not as I know they were a very unreliable tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

BeeDI wrote: »
    Lads, if you had a choice of 100hp brand new tractors from the following makes, which would you pick, assuming price was the same for each.
    Landini. Zetor. McCormick.
    Maybe my question is simplistic, but I'm asking anyway!

if i were to pick the best of a bad lot , id go for zetor with mc cormack propping up the lot purely based on the fact that they dont hold thier value as good as landini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

I strongly disagree with the notion that older zetors were very unreliable. We've had them since the mid 70,s : 8011s, 12011s, 12045s, 12145s, 14145s and I have to say that they were a very reliable old workhorse, that took some serious abuse and anything that did go wrong due to wear and tear was easily fixed without the need to call a mechanic..I'm restoring an old 12045 crystal at the moment and although I cant speak about the new ones I know for a fact that the old ones were a good simple machine ( in my opinion anyway:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭denis086

Were the same as john had half a dozen zetors/ursus over the years and while they had their problems they were cheap to fix and were cheap horsepower and were very highly speced at the time when it was 165s running beside them the front suspension made them very popular with whoever was driving them. Theyve always done everything themselves as a brand so fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kilmac1

we bought a landini powerfarm 100 in august and shes not a bad yoke like for the power shes smaller than a 5820 john deere and she'll bate the clean ****e out the jd everywhere. I drive the landini most weekends with a 14 ton cheiftain dumper filled to the balls and she walks away with it don't she the point in spending 30+ for a 150hp yoke when shes walks with it. Only problem we had with her is a piece of steel bent in the clutch but shes sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Kilmac1 wrote: »
    we bought a landini powerfarm 100 in august and shes not a bad yoke like for the power shes smaller than a 5820 john deere and she'll bate the clean ****e out the jd everywhere. I drive the landini most weekends with a 14 ton cheiftain dumper filled to the balls and she walks away with it don't she the point in spending 30+ for a 150hp yoke when shes walks with it. Only problem we had with her is a piece of steel bent in the clutch but shes sorted now.

best review of a tractor ive ever read

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kilmac1

irishh_bob wrote: »
    best review of a tractor ive ever read

Advertisement