Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Final 2011 - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City [4pm SS1/BBC1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

an ex spud lifting the trophy against arsenal

gwan stevie carr , ya beauty ya:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haha Robbie Keane could have had a medal!

this could hit arsenals confidence in the title race

to be honest over confidence or even arrogance, is probably their biggest problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Irishman to lift the trophy :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Nice to see an Irishman lifting the trophy!

Arsenal blow it yet again. All bark & no bite! Feel sorry for their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just means its harder for Liverpool to get back in Europe again next season

We'll be in it if we win this season. It's still in our own hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Those who are quick to spurt out the usual same crap keeper, same crap CB have not been watching us play the past couple of months.

We've all known a Woj error was coming sometime, murphys law and all that. He's still the best keeper at the club, it's how he's going to respond to this is what I'm most worried about.

Kosc was having a good game up until then too, a lot of hate on twitter for him at the moment but he and Johan have been solid over the past 10-15 games.

Bitterly disappointed, very very upset, but life goes on and I'm still waiting for the day this Arsenal team can claim a trophy.

edit - Someone also cited the reason for the mistake as they both spoke two different languages and couldn't understand each other. BULL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Birmingham have just qualified for the Europa league too.

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To think Carr actually retired a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Birmingham have just qualified for the Europa league too.

Fair play.

o_rly001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Those who are quick to spurt out the usual same crap keeper, same crap CB have not been watching us play the past couple of months.

We've all known a Woj error was coming sometime, murphys law and all that. He's still the best keeper at the club, it's how he's going to respond to this is what I'm most worried about.

Kosc was having a good game up until then too, a lot of hate on twitter for him at the moment but he and Johan have been solid over the past 10-15 games.

Bitterly disappointed, very very upset, but life goes on and I'm still waiting for the day this Arsenal team can claim a trophy.

Yeah fully agree, the two of them have been brilliant the last month or so, so I can definitely forgive them for that terrible error. The whole Arsenal squad can make amends for this defeat, still have three trophies to go for now, so I really hope this doesnt dent the confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great game. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He was immense today, Stephen Carr. Amazing to think he's 36 the way he got up and down that right channel.

Anyway if you'll excuse me I've to go get sick into my hands. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

edit - Someone also cited the reason for the mistake as they both spoke two different languages and couldn't understand each other. BULL

Lawro said this on the BBC too,

Bull indeed.

My fanboyism for Rosicky has also been crushed. His volley was about the only thing of note he did all match. I think he is past it sadly.

On a side note, Jack Wilshere looked totally gutted. That was really horrible to watch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wenger trying to be to smart for his own good taking Van Persie off with bout twenty minutes to go to rest him for another game thinking ahh we win this anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Wenger trying to be to smart for his own good taking Van Persie off with bout twenty minutes to go to rest him for another game thinking ahh we win this anyway :D

He was injured..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

My fanboyism for Rosicky has also been crushed. His volley was about the only thing of note he did all match. I think he is past it sadly.

He was past it years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The chairman trying to get to the trophy :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Here you go Arsenal fans

kleenex.jpg

DH2K9 wrote: »
    He was injured..........

Ran off the pitch without a bother on him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Abso-****ing-lutely delighted for big Eck today, couldnt go to a more deserving man.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Here you go Arsenal fans

kleenex.jpg

Do people on boards.ie really just run into a thread at the last page and post something they perceive to be funny. What does that symbolise that ANY Arsenal fan in this thread has said . No complaints from any of us here... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Here you go Arsenal fans

kleenex.jpg

Cheer up **** or cry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Do people on boards.ie really just run into a thread at the last page and post something they perceive to be funny. What does that symbolise that ANY Arsenal fan in this thread has said . No complaints from any of us here... ?

Nah, they just love to revel in other peoples misery. Loads of people will have delighted in seeing us lose today and there'll be no shortage of those who will rub it in, I don't have any actual problem with that - a team like ours is there to be knocked, people love seeing the underdog win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terrific game to watch, that

Fair play to Brum, excellent performance

cson wrote: »
    Nah, they just love to revel in other peoples misery. Loads of people will have delighted in seeing us lose today and there'll be no shortage of those who will rub it in, I don't have any actual problem with that - a team like ours is there to be knocked, people love seeing the underdog win.

Ah that's it, come let's all go wallow with each other in the Arsenal thread so.. :pac:

Merson having a fit on sky there hahaha everything he said true though Wenger with his usual to cool it will be alright on the night ****e lol

There was no reason to take Van Persie off he could and probley would of won the game for yous if they kept him on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Johner wrote: »
    Cheer up **** or cry?

My initial reaction was, "Why would we be ****? :confused: "

Fair play to Birmingham. They deserve their success and I hope their fans enjoy every minute of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Delighted for Carr and Fahey. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

No, I only like Arsenal fan's misery, I've only just stopped laughing.

Merson having a fit on sky there hahaha everything he said true though Wenger with his usual to cool it will be alright on the night ****e lol

There was no reason to take Van Persie off he could and probley would of won the game for yous if they kept him on the pitch.

Why ? Would it have been RVP in the spot instead of Kos ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Wherever you got that impression it certainly wasn't from supporters in this forum.

I didn't actually say I got that impression here (shockingly life exists outside Boards), but it is fair to say there have been numerous instances of Arsenal fans treating today as a foregone conclusion. Not saying it is everybody, but there has been an arrogant streak in certain Arsenals fans about the League Cup. Even down to things like the group on Facebook about attending Arsenal's first trophy celebration in 5 years shows that some (again some, not all!) had been arrogant.

Although it is not as if conversations like this have not happened on Boards either.
    Tom_Brady wrote: »
    The rest of us will stick to support United, who have actually won a trophy in the last 5 years.
    Enjoy using that line, gonna be outdated by next Sunday kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I didn't actually say I got that impression here (shockingly life exists outside Boards), but it is fair to say there have been numerous instances of Arsenal fans treating today as a foregone conclusion. Not saying it is everybody, but there has been an arrogant streak in certain Arsenals fans about the League Cup. Even down to things like the group on Facebook about attending Arsenal's first trophy celebration in 5 years shows that some (again some, not all!) had been arrogant.

Although it is not as if conversations like this have not happened on Boards either.

So a Facebook group represents all arsenal supporters. To be honest I couldn't believe the Brum were 7/1. It was the bookies who were making us the favorites not us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What did Merson say?

A team like ours ??? People love seing the underdog win?? lol start actually winning some sliverware before get so confident.

Arsenal on there day can be one the best teams around to watch and play attacking football but until you s start winning trophys season after season maybe stay on your feet :)

Football fans in willy wagging shocker.

Why ? Would it have been RVP in the spot instead of Kos ?

He is your best forward player you put a bit part forward on for him with twenty minutes to go in a cup final when yous actually need to win one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Galvasean wrote: »
    Football fans in willy wagging shocker.

Did you do the zigic bet

• Advertisement

He is your best forward player you put a bit part forward on for him with twenty minutes to go in a cup final when yous actually need to win one.

Again, had you any idea about Arsenal and watched us the past few years you would know that Robin Van Persie is made of glass. Slightest tweak of anything and i would bring him off as we have two very capable strikers on the bench. 13 goals in 11 games since 2011 has begun means i want a fit RVP every game. He took a bad knock when he scored his goal and it seemed to have flared up in the second half.

A team like ours ??? People love seing the underdog win?? lol start actually winning some sliverware before get so confident.

Of course Birmingham were the underdogs. Arsenal were 4/1 on to win today. Most of the pre-match discussion and in game commentary was about how Birmingham were the underdogs and defied all the odds.
    To suggest that Birmingham were not the underdogs in this game is ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ya gotta love all the cocky ARSENAL fans before kickoff thinking they only had to show up to claim there first trophy in 5 seasons

as Enda Kenny would say BOOM BOOM:D

Headshot wrote: »
    Did you do the zigic bet

I considered it. Alas I can never bet against my own team. It would be like accepting blood money. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Its not just that. Its the sheer arrogance and "holier than thou" attitude of Wenger that winds everybody else up.
    He never sees anything bad about his team, like when they do a bad tackle or handle the ball.
    His attitude to "Money" clubs like Man City or Chelsea is to constantly cry like a baby about how unfair it all is and how otherwise, his team would have won everything under the sun, whereas Ferguson just sat down and worked out how to beat them.
    And after years of disrespecting both this and the FA Cup by fielding weak teams, he finally decides to take it seriously and then loses, oh the irony.

I admire the way Arsenal play, but I utterly detest your manager. If he knocked a few chips off his shoulder, he might actually win something.

BERBA wrote: »
    ya gotta love all the cocky ARSENAL fans before kickoff thinking they only had to show up to claim there first trophy in 5 seasons

ya gotta love all the cocky SPURS fans before kickoff thinking they only had to show up to claim there 3 points against Blackpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

DH2K9 wrote: »
    So a Facebook group represents all arsenal supporters. To be honest I couldn't believe the Brum were 7/1. It was the bookies who were making us the favorites not us.

I said on three different occasions in my post that I was referring to some fans not all fans. I even went to the bother of putting it in brackets with some of my points. Read what is actually said. I said I was happy to see those fans who felt they had already won it learning a lesson.

Again, had you any idea about Arsenal and watched us the past few years you would know that Robin Van Persie is made of glass. Slightest tweak of anything and i would bring him off as we have two very capable strikers on the bench. 13 goals in 11 games since 2011 has begun means i want a fit RVP every game. He took a bad knock when he scored his goal and it seemed to have flared up in the second half.

Just hearing he has a knee problem my bad he seemed fine coming off.

Hes your main forward you s need him cause those goals hes been scoring will not come from any other forward on your team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Arsene is gutted :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

There are a lot of over reactions from some people, it is only the carling cup after all. If anything it should give arsenal a kick up the hole and make them play better and push on for a trophy, fair play to Birmingham though.

Advertisement