Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer puppy losing tooth

• 26-02-2011 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

First post but I've gotten lots of advice so far! My almost 5 month old boxer puppy has lost a tooth which I found on the ground. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

taim wrote: »
    First post but I've gotten lots of advice so far! My almost 5 month old boxer puppy has lost a tooth which I found on the ground. Is this normal?

Yes. Dogs like humans have two sets of teeth in their life. Usually have second set in place by about 6 months, most people never even notice that their dogs have replaced a set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 taim

Thanks so much! I just found a small tooth on the ground the other day and I knew it looked like one of my puppy's teeth but to be honest I did'nt realise that dogs lost their teeth just like children. How come we don't notice it I wonder? I have another boxer almost a year old and I never noticed that he lost any teeth!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

A lot of the time the teeth are swallowed by the dog when chewing on something or when they are eating their dinner so you rarely find any around the place.
    It completely normal and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

andreac wrote: »
    A lot of the time the teeth are swallowed by the dog when chewing on something or when they are eating their dinner so you rarely find any around the place.
    It completely normal and nothing to worry about.

+1

Our Boxer lost teeth around that age, she sneezed once and 1 came flying out and hit me in the face!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

scudzilla wrote: »
    +1

Our Boxer lost teeth around that age, she sneezed once and 1 came flying out and hit me in the face!!
    Ha ha, i actually laughed out loud at this, lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

I never really thought about animals losing their baby teeth until my kitten was biting my jumper and a tooth came out a few years ago :)

But if you think about it, their baby teeth look a lot smaller and whiter than their adult teeth, and that's often how vets tell their age when they're puppies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Starlights

scudzilla wrote: »
    +1

Haha Brilliant!
    I always looked out for our boxer puppy losing her teeth but she was a greedy monkey and always swallowed them!

Advertisement