Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Netopia Routing Problem

• 26-02-2011 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi guys this router is driving me crazy.. I am trying to port forward to my printer with the Netopia router.

Router Model: 2247-62
    Software Version: 7.8.2r2

From the Netopia Interface Ive went to Custom Services and entered this config:

Service Name: *printer
    Protocol: TCP
    Global Port Range: 7100 - 7105
    Base Host Port: 7100

but after enabling the host device ip (the printer) for NAT and restarting the router I am always meet with the same error message from my web browser:
    'Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to x.x.x.x:7100'

I have turned off the firewall setting to see if this was the problem but it didnt change anything, I am now running out of ideas :confused: please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Did you:
    a) Enable NAT?
    b) Enable Static NAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JB87

thanks deep blue, I have NAT enabled but im not sure what the purpose is or how to use a Static NAT. whenever I set the printer as the Static NAT it seems to create a loopback locking me out of my router until I do a manual reset of the config?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

are you trying to test the port forwarding whill on your home network, that might be part of the problem.
    when i was setting up port forwarding before i could not get it working but did it was working when i tried it from work.

basicly the modem wont allow you to open x.x.x.x:7100 if you are also connected to the internet with x.x.x.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JB87

thanks BB I have used dyndns.org to reach my gateway from an external ip, but I still get the same problem, really im not sure how to setup a static NAT or what there purpose is at this point

Advertisement