Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 month old with rash

• 26-02-2011 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

My 6 month old baby boy has come out in this rash all over his tmmy/chest/back/ back of neck amd arms in the last month... Ive been racking my brains over this and have brought him to the doctor loads of times and the only thing they could come up with was a viral infection??? but over a month later and it is still there.. I bath him twice a week in nothing but silcocks base in the bath water and then cover his back etc in hydrocortisne cream.. this seems to keep the rash at bay, but if I dont keep using the cream it coms back with a vengence.. is a rash that has red pathes and little welts to it... it doesnt seems to bother him, but it does bother me... his little face is fine, but I just cant figure out what is causing this rash on the rest of his body.. The doctor doesnt thin it is ezcema but Im just wondering if anyone has had this kind of thing with their little ones before????

any help would be grealy appreciated:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

maybe it coud be heat rash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭amber2

Would you try another GP just as a second opinion. Alternatively you could ask your GP to refer you to a Dermatologist as the cream is not clearing it and for your own peace of mind. Do you have your son in child care i.e. a crech as they pick up alot of things there. If so, you could ask the crech have they had any outbreaks of rashes. I know my son got hand, foot and mouth which usually only affects these areas but he had it up along his legs, this has water blisters that burst causing the rash to spread. Hope this helps good luck .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry Boo27 but we cannot give medical advice on this forum.

Maybe ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement