Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming on a budget 500-600

Options
  • 26-02-2011 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm looking for a machine in and around 500-600. I have a fullhd tv so I could use that as a screen. So that wouldn't be a problem... but getting a relatively decent processor, motherboard and graphics card for that price is where I'm stuck!

Help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

will ya be using it for gaming?

Can't get much better than thi for under €600 ;)

2wf1bog.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Thanks man, that does look pretty deadly. I wouldn't need the operating system either as I could get a version of Ultimate from work.... makes it a hell of a lot cheaper...

Could the 80 I save off of that go into improving anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think it would be a good idea to put €50 of it towards a 6850.

Then maybe a better board - ASRock 870 Extreme3 (SATA 6Gbps, USB 3) for €20 more.

An extra €7 for 1600MHz ripjaws RAM.

€3 to buy yourself a packet of biscuits.

Monotype wrote: »
    I think it would be a good idea to put €50 of it towards a 6850.

Then maybe a better board - ASRock 870 Extreme3 (SATA 6Gbps, USB 3) for €20 more.

An extra €7 for 1600MHz ripjaws RAM.

€3 to buy yourself a packet of biscuits.

This =D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Put €10 towards a 955 for the unlocked CPU multipier. Overclocking it is a breeze then. I got mine to 3.8GHz without even upping the voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, the 955 is only €7 more and I agree that it would be worth it. I didn't include the extra €7 in the €87 that the OS cost in my estimations, so you can still buy the biscuits.

Advertisement