Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 2730 Classic, can it be unlocked?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 5:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Title says it all I guess :P
    any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Every phone can be unlocked, what network is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Thanks guys,
    Its a vodafone phone.
    and sadly its only a new phone. never used. It was a gift.

Im pretty handy when it comes to tech so is their any chance I could do it myself? or are we talking having to buy a crap load of stuff just to do the job?

So if i stick another persons sim into that phone ... a sim that has been used and has the required amount of top up in the last 6 months, vodafone will give me that unlocking code for the nokia 2730, right? ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Log into Vodafone.ie I got a few codes off that . Saying that though, one of the codes didn't work

Just out of curiosity how much does equipment cost to unlock phones?

Now I know since there are thousands of different phones out there. The price tag would be high. But lets narrow it down ... say how much would the equipment cost for Nokia phones for example? If not all, even majority.

Anyone?

thanks captain morgan :)
    but how expensive are we talking about?

Couple of hundred euro? or couple or thousand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

One guy I used to deal with used an unlocking tool called the Universal Box. Cost about 250 sterling, then you need to buy a specific cable for each phone and something like the Nokia 2730 would also require logs to be purchased.

Looked into buying one myself but ongoing costs in terms of buying cables and logs wouldn't have made it worthwhile unless you are setting up an unlocking shop.

Cheers man,
    sorry to ask, in fear of not knowing absolutely nothing (which I do know nothing :P )

But what are logs as you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why don't you try an unlocking shop. They will do it for €20 to €30. And while you're there you may get a chance to quiz the operator. It might be the best €30 you ever spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 unlocker

hi

Yes it can be unlocked but not for free you need to give it to an unlock shop to do it for you.

Regards

Advertisement