Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford General Election results

• 26-02-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

latest % and results here...............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

from rte.ie

RTEwaterford: 1/3 boxes open: tallies show FG DEASY 20%, FG COFFEY17%, FF KENNEALLY15%, LAB CONWAY 9.7 % LAB RYAN 9.6, SF CULLINANE9.5% IND Halliagan10%

15% voted for that bollox Kenneally? Wow the stupidity runs strong in Waterford. I'm kind of surprised Cullinane is down at 9.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Shocking @ Kenneally alright. Must be some closet FF voters in this county!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Gotta love the county voters...:rolleyes:

Can't believe Kenneally is polling third. What a crock.

I may dislike SF generally but I do have a grudging respect for Cullinane's local work. I'd far rather see him get in than Kenneally though.

I reckon that Halligan and Cullinane cannibalised each others votes from ward 3 in the city (perhaps the talliers could answer that?). The left leaning candidates are going to have to transfer massively between each other and hope that Kenneally is as transfer toxic as people have said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

RTEwaterford: With more than two thirds of boxes open in #wd tallies show that the prediction that the Labour vote would be split may happen. #ge11

Gardner wrote: »
    RTEwaterford: With more than two thirds of boxes open in #wd tallies show that the prediction that the Labour vote would be split may happen. #ge11

It looks like the local labour team may have screwed up big-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Someone posted this on twitter a few minutes ago: "looks set in stone now FG 2 seats, FF 1, Lab 1"

Didn't give any figures. Does anyone know the accuracy of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

dlofnep wrote: »
    Someone posted this on twitter a few minutes ago: "looks set in stone now FG 2 seats, FF 1, Lab 1"

Didn't give any figures. Does anyone know the accuracy of this?
    Probably some FFer trying to inspire the troops. Still way too early to call.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭vixdname

What in the name of F**K are all these idiots in Waterford doing voting for Kenneally ??? I'm a Waterford voter myself and am embarrassed that there's still this idiocy of "We always Voted Fianna Fáil" mindset still existing in this county.
    The Fianna Fáil party have decimated this county financially while making there own personal finances more lucrative and s**t on Joe public, they openly lied about the IMF \ EU being in the country and most jump ship like rats deserting a sinking ship and STILL some fools go and vote for them - It defies logic and simply reinforces my belief that there are some very very stupid ignorant people in this county of Waterford.
    What does fianna fail have to do - go and take a dump on there heads and wipe their arses in their hair before they realise what scum they are ?
    *****Fianna Fail Voters Of Waterford - BE ASHAMED BE VERY ASHAMED***

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

vixdname wrote: »
    What in the name of F**K are all these idiots in Waterford doing voting for Kenneally ??? I'm a Waterford voter myself and am embarrassed that there's still this idiocy of "We always Voted Fianna Fáil" mindset still existing in this county.
    They Fianna Fáil party have decimated this county financially while making there own personal finances more lucrative and s**t on Joe public, they openly lied about the IMF \ EU being in the country and most jump ship like rats deserting a sinking ship and STILL some fools go and vote for them - It defies logic and simply reinforces my belief that there are some very very stupid ignorant people n this county of Waterford.
    What does fianna fail have to do - go and take at dump on there heads and wipe their arses in their hair before they realise what scum they are ?
    I couldnt agree more with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Vanman1

vixdname wrote: »
    The Fianna Fáil party have decimated this county financially while making there own personal finances more lucrative and s**t on Joe public, they openly lied about the IMF \ EU being in the country and most jump ship like rats deserting a sinking ship and STILL some fools go and vote for them - It defies logic and simply reinforces my belief that there are some very very stupid ignorant people in this county of Waterford.
    What does fianna fail have to do - go and take a dump on there heads and wipe their arses in their hair before they realise what scum they are ?

Truer Words Were Never Spoken (I totally agree with every word you written)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Is there any way of telling where the majority of his votes came from? The east, west etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pumping Heat

why be surprised at Kenneally. He's a safer pair of hands than Conway or Cullinane.He'll Spend most of his time sitting on them) Voters probably took the spirit of the Hippocratic oath. "First do no Harm". We actually need the conservative attitude to get us through this not the BS bluster of the extreme left and the uneducated ignorance of the near left.

Voters probably took the spirit of the Hippocratic oath. "First do no Harm".

Your probably right, pity is is that the harm has already been done by the Fianna Fail gangsters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

longshanks wrote: »
    Is there any way of telling where the majority of his votes came from? The east, west etc.

Yep the votes of each ballot box will be available and printed in the local papers next week

why be surprised at Kenneally. He's a safer pair of hands than Conway or Cullinane.He'll Spend most of his time sitting on them) Voters probably took the spirit of the Hippocratic oath. "First do no Harm". We actually need the conservative attitude to get us through this not the BS bluster of the extreme left and the uneducated ignorance of the near left.

The bill for Kenneally's outrageous expenses should be sent directly to the morons who voted for him rather than be foisted on the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The bill for Kenneally's outrageous expenses should be sent directly to the morons who voted for him rather than be foisted on the general public.

Here here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Could somebody please merge the two election threads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

Gotta love the county voters...:rolleyes:

Can't believe Kenneally is polling third. What a crock.

Cheers for that.... I'm highly insulted...
    From the county and def didn't vote for Kenneally.....
    I await your apology.....

• Advertisement

Look Up Brendan Kenneally On Wikipedia And Here You Go:

Brendan Kenneally (born 1 April 1955) is an Irish Fianna Fáil politician. He is a currently a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Waterford constituency.[1] He was first elected to Dáil Éireann at the 1989 general election. He retained the seat at subsequent elections until losing it at the 2002 general election.[2] He then became a member of the 22nd Seanad, nominated by the Taoiseach. He regained his Dáil seat at the 2007 general election.
    He was appointed a Minister of State at the Department of Tourism, Transport and Communications by the Taoiseach Albert Reynolds in 1992.
    His father Billy Kenneally also served as a TD for Waterford from 1965–82, and his grandfather William Kenneally served as a TD for Waterford from 1952–61.
    The Sunday Tribune reports that while a senator, between 2005 and 2007, Kenneally ran up total expenses amounting to €139,189.[3]
    On 3 August 2009, the Irish Independent revealed that Kenneally was one of the TDs with the highest expense claims in Dáil Éireann in 2008. He claimed €73,857 in expense

Now can anyone please answer why when a local Waterford man got a letter published in the News & Star asking Mr. Kenneally to outline in detail how he spent so much of our tax money, why Mr. Kenneally never responded ? Is it because of the Fianna Fail arrogance that they believed for so long that us public actually owed them something ? Or that it was their God given right to take this money while the rest of us pay more taxes and dreaded Universal Social Charges ? People are afraid of what their financial future holds for them, or will the they have a roof over their heads by the end of the year? and this fat B*****d spends €139,189 on top of his normal salary and has no qualms about it and yet some people STILL vote for him AGAIN.
    ****It Beggars Belief****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

To see him claiming all that money makes me think he should be Minister for Silence because he must be one of the quietest TDs in the house.

I still don't know how people can vote for someone who associates himself with drug dealers, a sex offender and after seeing the allegations that are posted on other sites this week about his association with someone involved in contraband just beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Tinalouise wrote: »
    Cheers for that.... I'm highly insulted...
    From the county and def didn't vote for Kenneally.....
    I await your apology.....

I apologise....however, indications are that most of Kenneally's support is coming from the county, hence my perplexion at said voters! I accept not all voters in county Waterford were stupid enough to vote for him.

I am honestly just upset that this man can still be deemed electable after his risible record as a TD and for the fact that enough people in Waterford felt that his party deserved yet another chance after all the misery they have heaped on the Irish citizens over the last few years.

I will never understand their reasoning for doing so.

I apologise....however, indications are that most of Kenneally's support is coming from the county, hence my perplexion at said voters! I accept not all voters in county Waterford were stupid enough to vote for him.

I am honestly just upset that this man can still be deemed electable after his risible record as a TD and for the fact that enough people in Waterford felt that his party deserved yet another chance after all the misery they have heaped on the Irish citizens over the last few years.

I will never understand their reasoning for doing so.

And to indicate just how bad it is, if he does get in then he could be on the FF front bench because they have so few td's elected. Can you imagine a cabbage like him with a shadow portfolio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Inhispomp

A safer pair of hands? Conservative attitude to get us out of the mess?? Uneducated ignorance of the near left? What on earth are you babbling about? Who got us in the mess in the first place? The uneducated ignorant left? Your post more than any Ive read about the election typifies the utter cluelessness of your average voter in this country. One eyed, irrational and dare I saw it, startlingly uneducated pub drivel. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good grief all these newbies popping up causing bother, and you won't stick about will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Waterfordresult2011-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Safe pair of hands , are you serious, this country is all but bankrupt and more than likely will default as its unable to take the amount of debt this clown and his party hoisted upon us.
    Very disurbing that such a high percentge put no. 1 to this party that did this, we get what we deserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I would rather keaneally in than SF's Culinane, have we all forgotten what a uncredible, populist party SF are. On saying that, yes, i would have preferred no FF got elected and an independent in his place.
    Yes it is shocking people voted for Keaneally but also shocking that people voted for Culinane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭insight_man

Vanman1 wrote: »
    Truer Words Were Never Spoken (I totally agree with every word you written)

Kenneally out and Halligan in with SF transfers from Cullinane in last count. Those 7000 plus FF's and kenneally got their arses kicked. The rest of us had some sense and voted for everyone else but him.

Hopefully we'll never see him again in an election. Great result for Waterford:)

Advertisement