Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche fees

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

just got notice that our creche fees are to increase due to:
    • Increasing number of clients attending on discounted part-time basis
    • Expenditure on buildings and admin overheads associated with
      • HSE regulatory requirements,
      • Aistear &Siolta implementation,
      • ECCE scheme implementation.

Does anyone else have any experience of increase childcare fees in the current economic climate. Most people who I talk to are surprised as they would have thought fees would be coming down. It is prompting us to look at other options.

Is it expensive to implement these schemes? Am I wrong to think it wrong that the full-time attendees "subsidise" part-time attendances?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smke

I have also asked around and have not heard of increases in other creche either locally or in some of the towns surrounding Dublin.

I could be wrong but the reasons given below dont appear to be anything new that would have a negative impact on the cost of running a creche!!

HSE regulatory requirements, WHAT HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR??
      Aistear &Siolta implementation, WHAT HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR??
      ECCE scheme implementation, SURELY THIS IS A GOOD THING!!

I would have assumed that involvement in the ECCE scheme implementation was of benefit to a creche owner. It was a subject on a radio talk show recently and the interviewee (creche owner) welcomed the scheme as it brought the cost down on a per child basis but the creche owner still got the full amount.

Although I do see that there could be a drop in Full Time attendees, I do think it is wrong that full time attendees subsidise the Part Time attendees but then again the ratios (staff to kids) still needs to be maintained!
      However, times are hard, increases of this type are not expected and are of concern - might be time to look around I am sure there are plenty of options if you have a requirement for full time care.

Would welcome the views of others.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ECCE doesnt cost anything to set up except a hell of a lot of extra paperwork and stress.

the HSE Regulations have not change BUT the facility may have received their inspection visit from the HSE, who may have pointed out a number of things that are wrong or need to be fixed. Ask them for a copy of their most recent HSE Report and look at the recommendation.

i dont really know anything about Aistear &Siolta

There was an interesting article in the in the Times about creche fees.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2011/0226/1224290904669.html

Advertisement