Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees.... distance from ESB wires ???????

• 26-02-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

would anyone know what distance trees have to be from
    high voltage esb lines "double poles not pylons" in Reps,aeos....... thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

Re the distance from ESB wires for trees,as far as I know (and i think i'm right )the minimum distance is 31 metres from the centre line on 110 kv.
    Smaller power lines allow closer planting. Height of fully grown trees is also a factor in deciding the planting distance.It is a safety thing for the ESB. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

If you need anything cut let esb do it, just notify them....

Link to the faq's in relation to trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

It depends on the voltage;

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/forestry/forestrymanual2004/esb_powerlines.pdf

Power line type Corridor width (centred)
    Low voltage (230/400V) none (clearance from branches and tree tops only)
    10 kV and 38 kV 20 m
    110 kV 61 m
    220 kV 68 m
    400 kV 74 m
    Note : All trees must be outside their falling distances from line support structures.

The ESB will compensate you for lost premiums, well it will negotiate with you in most instances.

Advertisement