Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swapping my HTC HD7 for Android?

• 26-02-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I currently have a HTC HD7 Windows phone but I'll be selling/swapping it in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm now looking to get an Android phone. What is the best out there at the moment?

Devices I'm currently looking at are:

- HTC Desire HD
    - HTC Desire
    - Samsung Galaxy S
    - Nexus S
    - HTC Wildfire (although I've heard this isn't very powerful)

Is there anything I'm missing? Should I be looking to get something else or should I wait a bit longer ie are there new devices coming out soon that are a lot better than the ones I've mentioned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There is always something better coming out. Nexus S is best on that list, with Desire HD a very very close second. I you like the large formfactor HD best maybe.

Don't get Galaxy S unless you are comfortable modding phone.

It's hard to see how the new devices can be that much better seeing as most of the devices listed are blindingly fast already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers. I have my HD7 up on adverts so that's prob the best place to get the Nexus S.

Someone on adverts just offered to trade a HTC Desire for my HTC HD7. A worthy trade? Can the Desire be upgraded to the latest version of Android's OS?

Also, the Desire is on Vodafone & I'm O2. Cheap & easy to unlock?

Advertisement