Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upfrading need advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do you realise that with that motherboard, you'd need to upgrade your RAM and CPU as well? Is ther a specific thing that you want on your board or are you planning a full upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Monotype wrote: »
    Do you realise that with that motherboard, you'd need to upgrade your RAM and CPU as well? Is ther a specific thing that you want on your board or are you planning a full upgrade?
    no i did not realise that, Maybe i should OC CPU and upgrade later then. I wasnt planning on doing a full upgrade was planning on doing bit by bit upgrading but thats not gonna work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Overclocking would be a good idea. You should be able to get a good bit of extra performance out of the Q6600. If gaming is your priority, an overclocked Q6600 wouldn't hold you back much.

Advertisement