Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss Buddy???

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Well I'm 27, female and looking for a weight loss buddy. I have about 1.5-2stone to lose. I'm sick of this weight eroding at my confidence and really want to do something about it, but I'm having trouble staying motivated and figure a buddy up system would really help. I figure it's nearing the start of a new month, it's coming into the summer and wouldn't it be fab just to feel comfortable and sexy in your own skin. ;)
    Anyway I'm really excited about this and I figure with some encouragement from each other we could achieve excellent health and fitness. :D
    Peace out people! :) xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Great idea. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭lauren12

thanks Khianne,
    I hope I can do it...actually screw that; I KNOW I can it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭happyfeet2010

I'll be your buddy!

I am in my 20s with the same amount of weight to lose. My goal is to also be able to wear nice clothes this summer.

My problem is that I have a bit of a sweet tooth.. and an over-dependence on carbs. The good people on this forum have suggested that I eat more protein and shock horror more calories because of the amount of exercise I am doing.

I exercise 6 times a week and am seeing very little improvements. All my good work during the week goes to pot at the weekend!

I have found that www.fitday.co.uk is very good to track what you have eaten/ what exercise you have done. It shows you the balance of protein/fats/carbs.

I have also just started posting my fitness/food diary in fitness logs here on boards. Not looking forward to posting all the crap I ate yesterday and today. However, next week is a new week. My diet/fitness has come a LONG way since I first started and I feel a lot healthier for it.

So yep, I think an exercise buddy is exactly what I need too! I have just started a thread in the fitness forum entitled "winners never quit and quitters never win" diary. Why don't we both post our food/fitness diaries in that?!

Hey,
    That sounds really cool. Me too, I'm so bad for the chocolate,:o I just need to stay away from it.
    I like that quote. I just need I don't know not someone checking up on me but it's good to have someone in your corner who understands just how hard it is but helps ya keep on the right track.
    so that would be cool, I'm new to the forum thing so I'm still trying to figure it out but ya I'll try find that one now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls can I join yas im 27 have 3 stone too loose I had lost a lot of my weight for my wedding in Sept 09 shortly afterwards got pregnant on baby number 2 shes 6 months now so need to say bye bye to baby weight! I too am addicted to chocolate :(

• Advertisement

Ya sure that would be cool, we're noting our eating and exercise on "quitters never win and winner never quit". I'm starting monday to write it down.

Ah a 6month old, gorgeous :p Full of giggles and smiles at that age.

I think the more people the merrier, I'm just so sick of wearing things to cover this bit and that bit. I just want to not really care about it more than anything else, it's really holding me back at this stage, I think it's actually keeping me single, how sad is that.... :eek:

Yea u know what you mean I hate getting dressed everyday looking in the wardrobe at clothes I dont particularly like I wear them but now i absolutely hate leggings but yet I wear them all the time with long tops! When we to get a babysitter and get to go out the good is always taking out of it due to the mini melt down i usually take getting ready!!!

Tell me about it I live in trackies unless I've to go to town or something and then I've my oooh so sexy muffin top to contend with :D...oh ya, grab that baby :o

For the moment I've been trying to focus on doing really nice make-up just to make myself feel good. I think I've finally got the whole eyeliner application down, only took me about 12 years :rolleyes:

Don't worry we can totally support each other and work towards achievable goals, no mad losing 10lbs in a week fad. So you with me? :)

Hey Happyfeet and Elsy,
    Just posting, cos today is my day one...anyway feeling not really that motivated but got up anyway, had brekkie and went for a 10k walk. Sometimes I feel day 1 is really hard and then others I feel day 1 it is so so difficult.

Anyway trying to keep the chin, hope ye guys doing ok.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jelfs

Hi excuse me for butting in, but I just want to say I'm a young one of 43 and have yo-yoed re-weight, all my life.
    I am only now happy with my diet and feel I can stick this one (low carb) out having not stuck any others. Been doing it since last June!

However the reason I'm posting is I just want to say to ye in your 20's, not to be like me for years, trying different things, putting off diets, feeding carb addiction etc,

Just do it for once and for all and keep it as a way of life!

Choose certain items eg: crisps, sweets, bread etc and decide that you can never eat them (like an allergy) and that's that!

I just wish I didn't spend most of my life fighting with my weight. And dieting gets harder as you get older so get the good habits now!

Ok I'm off!
    :D

• Advertisement

Hi ladies! Day 2 for me so far so good when my babies go to bed im planning a half hour run on treadmill. Im off to belfast the weekend for 2 nights going to see the script couldnt get tickets for Dublin ill be lying if I dont admit some drinkies will be involved and the rest!! So really going to try be good until then!

jelfs wrote: »
    Hi excuse me for butting in, but I just want to say I'm a young one of 43 and have yo-yoed re-weight, all my life.
    I am only now happy with my diet and feel I can stick this one (low carb) out having not stuck any others. Been doing it since last June!

However the reason I'm posting is I just want to say to ye in your 20's, not to be like me for years, trying different things, putting off diets, feeding carb addiction etc,

Just do it for once and for all and keep it as a way of life!

Choose certain items eg: crisps, sweets, bread etc and decide that you can never eat them (like an allergy) and that's that!

I just wish I didn't spend most of my life fighting with my weight. And dieting gets harder as you get older so get the good habits now!

Ok I'm off!
    :D

Hey thanks, ya I've pretty much been losing gaining since the age of 15 and I'm just sick of it. I think bread, which I kinda barely eat now anyway and choc will have to be my allergy foods. That's so great that you are a happy and healthy weight now, congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

hey guys!

starting my new healthy lifestyle tomorrow as it is exactly 3 months until i go on holidays! Am very excited but dreading the thoughts of getting into that bikini!!!!:(

i'm in my mid 20's and have a stone to loose! i am terrible for staring diets and literally lasting until the 2nd day!!! totally fed up with it all now and know i need to change. was on a diet, as in proper diet months back and was full of energy and was loosing weight but lost my mojo and slowly but surely eased off on the exercise and went back to my usual couch potato!!!:mad: thank god its spring and the weather is getting brighter that i can back out walking!!

brilliant idea for support buddies!! wil def b using the other thread for posting my exercise and food logs!!! best of luck to everyone starting their new healthy lifestyle, i know we can do it!! :)

suppose i may go dust off the exercise bike......... :D

wexchick wrote: »
    hey guys!

starting my new healthy lifestyle tomorrow as it is exactly 3 months until i go on holidays! Am very excited but dreading the thoughts of getting into that bikini!!!!:(

i'm in my mid 20's and have a stone to loose! i am terrible for staring diets and literally lasting until the 2nd day!!! totally fed up with it all now and know i need to change. was on a diet, as in proper diet months back and was full of energy and was loosing weight but lost my mojo and slowly but surely eased off on the exercise and went back to my usual couch potato!!!:mad: thank god its spring and the weather is getting brighter that i can back out walking!!

brilliant idea for support buddies!! wil def b using the other thread for posting my exercise and food logs!!! best of luck to everyone starting their new healthy lifestyle, i know we can do it!! :)

suppose i may go dust off the exercise bike......... :D

Cool cool the more the merrier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭duckielover

hey guys dont mean to be butting in but can i join... i need some motivation and although i get it from my boyfriend who lives far away sometimes feelsworse coming from him, i need to lose about 2-3 stone, im 21 and everytime i get motivated and do good during the week i fall flat on weekend with working long hours and that and odd hours helppp chocolate is my weakness!!

Hello all!

Whenever I go off chocolate for a while I find that I don't really like the taste as my tastebuds change. I used to be really bad- like I might have 3 bars of chocolate a day. :rolleyes: Then I would feel guilter for eating so much rubbish!

Fruit is sweet and guilt free! :)

Jelfs- Thank you for your advice. I really want to change now and have done with it. I am so sick of carrying this extra fat around. I have been on and off diets for as long as I can remember. I really want to fit into nice clothes!

Lauren12- I think the weight is keeping me single too! :( I remember I lost a lot of weight a while back and I started getting a lot of attention from guys! Maybe- they were surprised to see how much weight I lost or maybe it was that I appeared more confident in myself. Which in itself is attractive. Either way, I want to be slim for this summer!

Also, I feel like I should be conscious of the scales, but apparently they are not a good indicator of fat loss. Your clothes will be the best indicator of your achievements. For example, you may have lost fat and/or gained muscle (which is what you want)- but the scales may not show a decrease in weight. Although I still want to weigh 9stone.. or less!

Also girls, post what you have eaten and the exercise you have done in "Winners never quit, and quitters never win." in fitness logs. Or just post your support for us!

Right, I'm off to post todays food and exercise.

Just saw your post there duckielover... of course you can join.. the more the merrier! It is really hard to keep up with a good diet. Sometimes, your too tired, sometimes you need an energy lift and sometimes your eating because your fed-up. It's going to happen. What we all need to do is to be prepared. Make a healthy food shopping list. Lots of fruit, veg, protein.. Prepare meals when you have the time. Pop them into the freezer. Always make sure you have something healthy to eat in your handbag. Prepare healthy food and bring it into work.
    Start tomorrow if you haven't already started. Come on! Lets do it! :)

Well waking up with a banging headache this morning but still rocky didn't quit, nor will I :)

Duckielover of course you can join, you are more than welcome and we're all here to support each other and of course give each other tips and everything, I know how hard it can be sometimes to just keep going, but it will be so worth it when we're all absolutely glowing with confidence.

And happyfeet ya that's sound. Don't worry soon we'll have them eating out of the palm of our hands :D

Well I've been kinda dreading this one as I've had so many "Day 3's" I can hardly count. But be strong girl, you can do this right....

Hope everyone else doing great out there too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abnid

Good morning everyone. I'm Abnid. This is my first day on Boards.ie and I hope I am not intruding on this thread.
    However I'm planning to start a dramatic weight loss plan by taking Lipotrim.

I will start next Monday as I have a busy weekend ahead. Like a lot of you I have 2 stone to lose. My cholestoral is very high. I think I have an addiction to that "full feeling" as I can't seem to stop when I have enough!! I just have to keep going until I get stuffed!!

I'm 44 and have always had weight to lose. I made up my mind about the Lipotrim because I have tried sooo many other diets and find I have no ability to have a little of this and a little of that. I think, and hope that with the Lipotrim, I might succeed.

It is a very difficult task and I'd love a bit of online support!

I will let you know how I'm getting on and hopefully support you guys too. we are all after the one thing......just to feel comfortable!

Hi Abnid,
    Of course you are welcome to join us. I'm unfamiliar with lipotrim, is it a diet pill? I know what you mean about eating until you're stuffed and past it...and it is so difficult to get out of it once you get into that cycle and it makes you feel awful.

But I am abit concerned about how you mentioned "Dramatic"...does this make you lose weight fast? Because losing weight slowly and healthly is the best way to go about it, and I don't want to see your life suffer cos of it....with fatigue and depression and all the crap that can go along with those type of diets...weight loss is more about life style change than deprivation...although it can be hard to get into that mind frame sometime.

Of course we are here to support you. And I completely understand where you are coming from and how sick you can get of this constant battle of weight loss and gain and all the emotional crap that comes with it. Just be careful with your body, please.

• Advertisement

lauren12, hope you are feeling better today! I totally agree with you and the fad diets. You see them advertised in magazines. "lose a stone in a week!!" Yes, I would love to lose a stone in a week. However, I am not going to put myself through the torture of depriving myself of food and preventing myself from getting the nutrients that I need in order to function and to lose weight properly. Besides, once the week is over I will go back to my old habits and I will put all the weight that I lost back on. People also claim that they put on more weight- something about the body going into a fight or flight mode. Also, if your cholesterol is high it means that you really should eat healthy.

Post your stats- age, weight and height.
    Post the foods you eat and the exercise that you do in the health and fitness forum. The people on there are very helpful and they know what they are talking about. The stickies at the top of the page are worth reading aswel. They will really give you some good guidelines.

Don't sit back now and decide "well if I can't do Lipotrim then I'm not going to bother." Break it down into small manageable chunks for yourself. Why not cut down on one or two junk foods every day that you are eating and replace them with fruit?

With regards to the eating till your stuffed. Why not buy a smaller plate? Maybe you eat untill you have everything eaten off the plate. Lots of Irish Mums are guilty of telling their children "You can't leave the table till that plate is cleared!" :) It stays with us when we are adults! By buying a small plate you will have achieved that. Also there is a plate you can buy where they have all the main foods painted on it so that you will have a better idea of the portions of food you should be eating. I would say you could buy it online.

Decide today that you are going to start tomorrow. Buy in the fresh fruit and veg, the healthy food. Make a list before going to the shops. Don't buy the junk food. Don't even go down that aisle!

Join us in “Winners never quit and quitters never lose” forum. It’s under the fitness logs. Let's be slim this summer!

Hey Happyfeet, thanks for asking I'm feeling a lot better and thank God I got through day 3, it's always a tough day. I'm a little apprehensive about the weekend, I'm not going out I just associate weekends with too much relaxation. I love the weather and I really think it is a good reminder that the summer is coming and keeping my spirits up.

So Day 4 is here. Hope you, and everyone on this doing well.

so i weighed myself today and lost 3 pounds in a week.. so its possible everyone,plus i agree the sun kinda gets u motivated to keep going. weekend going to be tough with work an workig awkward hours and that but here goes

Hey guys hope ye are keeping motivated and congratulations on the weight loss duckie lover, that is fantastic. Just try to keep your mind positive and you can absolutely do it over the weekend.

Honestly yesterday was really tough for me and I was sure I was going to fall off the wagon, but somehow I managed to cling on, mostly through reading motivational websites and remembering how much it would suck to have done those days and feel like I failed.

I'm begining to realise that the weight crept on slowly so there is no quick fix, nor do I want one, I really want this to be it, no more weird diet relationship anymore, just keep going slowly but surely.

Also Happyfeet, I saw you mentioned on your post over in logging that you were worried about the weekend, try not to, just say I'm going to count what I drink and I'll burn it, and the next day make sure you've prepared your food diary before, so you won't be tempted...cos I think we've all been guilty of that "hangover" food right? But of course you can do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks, just seen this thread and thought i would pop in and say hello, I think going by your posts I probably have the most to lose out of you all about 8stone in total:eek: but ill get there it didnt go on over night so im not going to wake up a size 10 tomorrow morning unfortunatly:rolleyes: Ive lost 3 pounds in the last month, just by cuttin out the rubbish, ive statred walking this week for about 40 mins at a time. I only weigh myself in work since we have an eletronic scales think it makes it easier seeing it printed out in black and white.

Im off to take a look at the forum that Happyfeet mentioned, will pop in tomorrow to let you know how this week went weight wise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lizzylinda

hey guys, how's the new healthy lifestyle going?? just saw this post today and think i'll join you if thats ok, i'm 30 and it feels like i've been on a diet all my life, just want to develop a healthy attitude towards food and exercise..finished college this summer and heading off on hol's in may after i hand in my dissertation and want to look nice in a bikini so here goes day 1 for me : )

by the way, i'm sure most of you know, lent starts next wed, I'm giving up crisps, which are my downfall.....love them...

best of luck everyone....here's to a healthy fit and trim 2011 x

hey guys lost another pound this week so onwards and downwards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Me too??!
    I'm a 28 year old lady, with about a stone to lose....getting married this year, the ultimate motivation!!!
    My eating habits are fairly healthy, and I'm not a big drinker but chocolate/biscuits are my downfall.:o I'm relatively fit and being unemployed, have time on my hands to throw myself into a proper fitness regime. Keeping myself going is the problem.
    Anyone mind if I check in here now and then?

hey folks, thought id give us a bump back to the first page, been good on the food front this week but need to get back walking, so dragging the hound for a walk tomorrow

going to start reducing my carbs a bit from tomorrow too, im relying too much on bread/white rice and oven chips for my own good:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

so to keep me entierly away from sweeties,crupis ans all junk iv given the up 4 lent so to help the weight loss.. im doin good as i love havin a treat after work on the wekend but im doin ok so far!! doesnt help that iwork in supermarket and all junk is on offer

Advertisement