Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitution & change of address

Options
  • 26-02-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Gents,

What is my best approach to this:

I'm in the process of moving house and obviously will be taking my firearms with me (moving out of parents house). I have also put a deposit on a new 20bore and will be trading in one of my 12 bores for it.

I presume I need to fill out the FCA1 for the substitution, but I'm unsure as to what form to fill out for the change of address.

Should I:

Get the substitution done and then change address?

Get the substitution and change of address done all at once? If so which Garda station do I present the forms to, my old station or new station?

Change address and then get the substitution done? Again, which Garda station?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I got 2 firearms substituted last week and it was turned around in 2 days. Very impressed.

I'd say if you ring your current station and ask them they will have first hand knowledge of the system and can probably tell you which method will work out best for you.

Personally, if it was me and to cut down on paper work, I'd try for the both at once approach but your local station may advise against this.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

i did this last week. i was moving too!!
    i just applied for a new 20g too so put the new address on that.
    and gave FCA2 forms with new address for the 12g and rifle.
    he said that was fine and i could move my safe that night.
    my new 20g licence arrived 4-5 days later with new address
    i only moved a mile down the road if thats any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

I just wrote a letter to the super with license no. current and new address and that I was moving house.Got a phone call 2 weeks later saying all was in order and they have it processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I think I'm going to get the substitution done first.

When it comes to changing my address do I submit the FCA2 to my old station or new station?

Advertisement