Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway West Election results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

dloob wrote: »
    Crowe gone again now as well ;)

I suppose that's the value in recounts, you get to do over the best moments again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Frank gone now.
    Up to the seventh count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Welby gone, Naughton gone, assuming this alternate timeline resembles the last one then Fahey goes next, then O'Cuiv elected, then O'Clochartaigh eliminated, then Nolan elected. Then FHE calls a recount.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Then FHE calls a recount.

Groundhog day. Tomorrow morning we all wake up again this morning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

According to the Galway Advertiser Facebook, FHE is ahead of Kyne and Connolly on the 7th count.

I thought she was out of it?

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    According to the Galway Advertiser Facebook, FHE is ahead of Kyne and Connolly on the 7th count.

I thought she was out of it?

We are only back up to count 8 at which point she was still ahead.

How many counts were there originally?

How many counts were there originally?

10, they're still up on the RTE site.

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/galway-west.html

Galway advertiser Facebook page is well ahead of RTE twitter for updates.

http://www.facebook.com/GalwayAdvertiser

http://twitter.com/rtegalwaywest

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

8 count difference #gyw Connolly(IND) down 16; Kyne(FG) down23; HealyEames(FG) down 10; Grealish(IND) up 6; Nolan(lab) down17; O'Cuivdown14

FHE UP BY 2 VOTES !

wHAT A WASTE OF A RECOUNT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Spoiler Alert
    Kyne makes a bit of a killing in the 10th Episode :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I've made an spreadsheet comparing the recounts to the original counts as they come in.

Link here: http://bit.ly/dXH4oO

I'll keep it updated as the counts continue

Thanks John,

Just compared the original 8th count with the recount and Kyne and Healy-Eames numbers both decreased, but Kyne's slightly more than H-Eames. 21 more actually, which, if the rest of the recount remained the same, the difference in the end would decrease from 56 to 35.

So has FHE lost votes each recount?

nifheorais wrote: »
    8 count difference #gyw Connolly(IND) down 16; Kyne(FG) down23; HealyEames(FG) down 10; Grealish(IND) up 6; Nolan(lab) down17; O'Cuivdown14

FHE UP BY 2 VOTES !

wHAT A WASTE OF A RECOUNT!

How is it a waste? FHE ordered it and now it's brought the potential difference between her and Kyne in the end from 56 to 43.

So has FHE lost votes each recount?
    She lost 4 and then another 1, and then 2 and so on but gained 1 in the last recount but she's still 8 down on the original count.

Full numbers here

Ron DMC wrote: »
    She lost 4 and then another 1, and then 2 and so on but gained 1 in the last recount but she's still 8 down on the original count.

Full numbers here

But Kyne lost more. So FHE effectively gained.

But Kyne lost more. So FHE effectively gained.
    True I suppose. Bet she's glad she called the recount then, it's closed the gap (though probably not enough).

Count 9:

FHE down 10
    Kyne down 23

=> brings difference down from 56 to 43.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Do not understand the obssesion with that Dublin fella, Éamon Ó Cuív?

Forgetting about what he has done for the Galway West seat, what has he done for Ireland since being in government?

Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éamon_Ó_Cuív
    Recently Ó Cuív has been at the centre of a controversy surrounding the official name of An Daingean / Dingle, a small Gaeltacht town in West County Kerry. The residents of the town held a plebiscite in November 2006 to determine which version of the town name should be used. Ó Cuív originally signalled that he was happy to abide by the locals' decision, but then said that the name can not legally be changed back to Dingle, following advice from the Office of the Attorney General.

In 2007, Ó Cuiv has again called for Ireland to return to the Commonwealth as a full member state in light of the restoration of devolution to Northern Ireland and the meeting of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association in Belfast.

In July 2009, Ó Cuív used a government helicopter to open a playground, at the cost of €10,000.

I've heard some say he's no more than a flat-capped prostitute from Kerry, by giving themselves up to ensure public funds for their region. Others have said that it is interesting how how in the past ministers own Constituencies have enjoyed much more public investment that 'non-minister and non-governing td's'.

I''d be disappointed to think he got back in on the local interest as opposed to the National Interest. Although being claimed as a 'recent critic' of the government, how many time times did he vote against the many bills proposed by his superiors?

If only that fella could come back and rid us of the snakes.

Round 10 is in and the gap is 45

• Advertisement

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Do not understand the obssesion with that Dublin fella, Éamon Ó Cuív?

I''d be disappointed to think he got back in on the local interest as opposed to the National Interest. Although being claimed as a 'recent critic' of the government, how many time times did he vote against the many bills proposed by his superiors?

If only that fella could come back and rid us of the snakes.

Dev Og is pretty much elected solely on the new roads and bridges he gets in Connemara. National interest doesn't come into it.

Connolly's still gonna be in major trouble when those FG transfers go through, but I reckon FHE is gone in the next round.

http://bit.ly/dXH4oO

When will FHE be eliminated? Should she not be eliminated now as she is still behind Kyne after the 10th recount?

And what happens if nobody else makes the quota? How do they get elected?

dloob wrote: »
    Dev Og is pretty much elected solely on the new roads and bridges he gets in Connemara. National interest doesn't come into it.

You forgot the piers.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

When will FHE be eliminated? Should she not be eliminated now as she is still behind Kyne after the 10th recount?

And what happens if nobody else makes the quota? How do they get elected?
    They will be elected based on who got the most votes, the quota just means that you are safe from illimination as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So... everyone lost votes? How does that work?
    I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.
    Where did the other votes go?

Ficheall wrote: »
    So... everyone lost votes? How does that work?
    I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.
    Where did the other votes go?
    Non-transferables.

There were votes that had things wrong with them such as not correctly stamped or marked incorrectly etc that had previously been counted that have now been deemed spoilt votes. If it changes things it will be annoying as they are only being spoilt on small technicalities

They're counting again in LL :D according to the GA facebook page. I thought they'd have been sent home to bed.

• Advertisement

johngalway wrote: »
    They're counting again in LL according to the GA facebook page. I thought they'd have been sent home to bed.
    Rte news reported that they will be there till 6am so that we will know in the morning, its gonna be a long night :eek:

Advertisement