Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway West Election results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

is CC going to get what she is looking for?

Yes a big fat NO, now go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

is CC going to get what she is looking for?

Fingers crossed. Otherwise we've ended up with one centrist Labour TD and four right-wingers. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

C'mon Catherine!

How about a quick rumble between the Kyners and the Connollyites outside Leisureland at 7pm? Just to give the bored folk there something to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Mystery Solved regarding FHE's missing votes :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

that's one evil baby! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nevermind CC, come on Sean Kyne :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

i wonder when a recount is called for a second time do the counters feel pressurised into pleasing the crowd of hawks that are looking over the table watching for a scuffed stamp or a voting card that wasnt 100% punched at the polling station (which isnt the voters or the candidates fault ) .Plus what is the cost of a second recount and is there a need for it . I watched the first one and thought it was meticulously slow and couldnt leave any mistakes at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

At least we get to hear the announcement that NOB and F Fahey are eliminated for a third time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

galwayrush wrote: »
    At least we get to hear the announcement that NOB and F Fahey are eliminated for a third time.:D

Ah, a bright spot on the horizon, nob, fortygaffes and fortygaffeswannabe!

In your face Wicklow! Ye only eliminated cockroache twice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Steyr wrote: »
    Yes a big fat NO, now go away.

Thats a mature piece of information, I'm so glad that post was added to this thread :pac:

Does anyone know when the third recount is due to be finished or will it be on all night again?

• Advertisement

Thats a mature piece of information, I'm so glad that post was added to this thread :pac:

Does anyone know when the third recount is due to be finished or will it be on all night again?
    Think they are expecting a result by around two o clock in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

galwayrush wrote: »

I wonder will he still be going to funerals of people he doesn't know? now that he's not a TD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

johnnyk66 wrote: »
    How much do the count centre workers earn?
    Do they get overtime?
    where are the jobs advertised?:confused:
    99% of them are civil servants earning a bit on the side AFAIK.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

moy83 wrote: »
    Think they are expecting a result by around two o clock in the morning

They're expecting the result of the FIRST COUNT at 2am.

It then has to go up to the counts again like the first time.

Also, if you don't want Catherine Connolly elected, be gentle at least for tonight. She buried her mother this morning.

kraggy wrote: »
    They're expecting the result of the FIRST COUNT at 2am.

It then has to go up to the counts again like the first time.

Also, if you don't want Catherine Connolly elected, be gentle at least for tonight. She buried her mother this morning.
    I didn't say it would be the final count.
    I also didn't say that i didn't want Catherine Connolly elected . I know she buried her stepmother this morning but surely i can still post my opinion about a second recount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I didn't say it would be the final count.
    I also didn't say that i didn't want Catherine Connolly elected . I know she buried her stepmother this morning but surely i can still post my opinion about a second recount.

Moy83, I was just clarifying that it wouldn't be the result of the election. You said result. It's not the result, it's the result of the 1st count. Just clarifying it for other people.

And the last comment about not bad-mouthing was a general comment, not directed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Galway Advertiser's facebook reporting:

More than three quarters of the first pref votes have now been checked and rechecked and there is no change to Catherine Connolly's position.

So negotiations were underway with a view to asking her to withdraw her call for a recount, given that her position is unlikely to change in the remaining 15-20 per cent.

If i was her, I wouldn't. Who knows where 17 votes could pop out of.

kraggy wrote: »
    Moy83, I was just clarifying that it wouldn't be the result of the election. You said result. It's not the result, it's the result of the 1st count. Just clarifying it for other people.

And the last comment about not bad-mouthing was a general comment, not directed at you.
    sorry thought you were picking on me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thats a mature piece of information, I'm so glad that post was added to this thread

Your very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

were a laughing joke of ireland....recount again and only in galway west because were stubborn (claddagh people that is) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Catherine doesn't expect to make up the difference now but is going to let the recount complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

STILL awaiting the results of the first count. FFS

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Catherine conceded before the first count was complete. I have new respect for her now after all this. She had the grace to bow out that others before her were lacking.

She said she was a bit disappointed that her team didn't get to scrutinise the FHE recount more closely when it was going on.

So 5 Galway Wesht boys in the Dail now.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Catherine conceded before the first count was complete. I have new respect for her now after all this. She had the grace to bow out that others before her were lacking.

She said she was a bit disappointed that her team didn't get to scrutinise the FHE recount more closely when it was going on.

So 5 Galway Wesht boys in the Dail now.
    Why didnt they get the chance to scrutinise the FHE recount ?
    Fair play to her for conceding early though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Just heard of the formal declaration on Morning Ireland.

Congratulations to Sean. Commiserations to Catherine.

17 votes between them -- a record?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Just heard Sean Kyne on Galway Bay FM.....apparently he was the FG representative for Connemara. Now, I’ve spoken to a lot of people about the candidates, specifically related to the Connemara region and I don’t remember Sean Kyne's name coming up once!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

thank Feck she won't be able to bring her objectionist drivel to a national audience.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Just heard Sean Kyne on Galway Bay FM.....apparently he was the FG representative for Connemara. Now, I’ve spoken to a lot of people about the candidates, specifically related to the Connemara region and I don’t remember Sean Kyne's name coming up once!
    I find it hard to believe that you " have spoken to a lot of people about the candidates, specifically related to the Connemara region and i don't remember Sean Kyne's name coming up once ! "
    Could you have alzeihmers ? He got elected with 9117 votes so obviously many people have heard of him

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How old is Sean Kyne? Just wondering, my husband reckons he's 40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I find it hard to believe that you " have spoken to a lot of people about the candidates, specifically related to the Connemara region and i don't remember Sean Kyne's name coming up once ! "
    Could you have alzeihmers ? He got elected with 9117 votes so obviously many people have heard of him

alzeihmers? You would want to wise up a bit.
    I live in connemara, and the names O'Cuiv, Welby, Cloherty were all talked about but nothing about Kyne. I knew he was from Moycullen but didnt know he was targeting the connemara vote. Then again, like the rest of them they probably walked about Clifden, Roundstone, Oughterard, Spiddal etc....not the smaller villages like where im from.

Advertisement