Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway West Election results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Sounds to me like shes trying to get her name into the headlines one more time. An absolute disaster. She got a decent first pref, but...shes un transferable. She got no kudos for rail roading mcCormick. She thought she was a shoe in. Too much mouthing about other candidates on twitter etc instead of focusing on the people. To be honest, you could say she has put at risk seat number 2 for FG. Id say its cringe worthy whats going on in now in leisureland. A child throwing toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Results now due at 7:30pm according to RTE Twitter feed.
    FFS!
    http://twitter.com/rtegalwaywest
    I just want the damned thing over with.
    FHE OUT!
    4 more years! Obama!
    etc.

Twitter on the blink right now. Meltdown!
    Just not able to handle the Galwy West count drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabbaginho

All quiet on the Western Front?

The calm before the storm?

;)

From GA FB page
    FHE is not going to go gently into that good night but is set to keep fighting. At c6.45 she had this to say on Twitter: "No truth to rumour that FG HQ asked me to concede. Partys legal advisor supporting my request for the recount."

FFS. However, having said this, is there some sort of award that can be given to the Galway Advertiser for their amazing coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

8.45pm now. This is gone past ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

johngalway wrote: »
    8.45pm now. This is gone past ridiculous.

Isn't it 7:58pm in Ireland now? (I'm away, and think that I my have my time differences mixed up now!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Fey! wrote: »
    Isn't it 7:56pm in Ireland now? (I'm away, and think that I my have my time differences mixed up now!)

I think the announcement has been pushed to 8:45 now.

For the result I meant :p

Not that I believe we'll have them then either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Thanks for the clarification Dr.B and JG.

I'm watching for the results, and it's driving me bananas as this is the only place available to me to find out.

Personally I hope that Kyne gets in and that Fidelma HE and Ms. Connolly are both out of luck.

If Healy Eames is really holding FG to ransom over a recount vs Seanad place, then she really should be left out of public office permanently.

I love the reporting here of Connollys radio interview which went "no more recount" (you're tally is lower than the other person) "I wouldn't rule out another recount" flip-flop. Seems to be par for the course with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Amazing how a representative of the party that wants to cut waste in the public service has managed to delay the count by over 24 hours. Because, in all probability, she is about to lose out to someone from HER OWN PARTY.

FHE has shown that 'me fein' ism is alive and kicking in Galway West. Of course, she went out of her way to stop McCormack getting back in, to canvass people over the phone, to pay for taxis for people to attend the convention in November, to send out letters to voters on Seanad envelopes, also paid for by the tax-payer.

Would love to know how much it has cost to hire out Leisureland for an extra day and pay all the count staff just to recount votes because Galway West has a sore loser.

If ever there was a case for abolising the Seanad, FHE and Niall of the Greens (he who got a nomination after losing TWO elections) have made it.

Thanks a lot, FHE, for showing us how much you really care about democracy.

• Advertisement

If I were in the position where I was a small number of votes behind I'd probably call for a recount also. That said I'm not going to defend FHE either as I'm not a fan. But if it were me I think I'd go for a recount too.

Fey! wrote: »
    I love the reporting here of Connollys radio interview which went "no more recount" (you're tally is lower than the other person) "I wouldn't rule out another recount" flip-flop. Seems to be par for the course with her!

Started out the interview not wishing "another" recount on the hardworking, tired etc. staff of the count centre...

...got to a prediction of her being 29 votes behind Kyne and then flippty flop! :rolleyes:

If I were in the position where I was a small number of votes behind I'd probably call for a recount also. That said I'm not going to defend FHE either as I'm not a fan. But if it were me I think I'd go for a recount too.

As would we all Dr. B, but CC said two different things in the same interview this afternoon. She should have either:

Shut up about recounts.

Or,

Said if there's a small margin then I'll ask for one.

But not:

No way. Yes way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nice if we could just shoot the pretenders at this stage, LOL. Hope Kyne gets in.

FHE ... soon to be like FF, in that you never, ever meet anyone who actually admits to voting for them!

celty wrote: »
    FHE ... soon to be like FF, in that you never, ever meet anyone who actually admits to voting for them!

They call that Healy-Raeitis in Kerry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Seems like FHE is all for democrary up untill the point where it rejects her! She's showing her true colours now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

If there's even a whisper of a suspicion that a canditate could be accidently robbed of a seat then I absolutely support a recount. It's the incredible slowness of this one and all the legal crap and rumours coming out of Liesureland that are really getting to me.

Who's up for just starting the whole election again in Galway West? The posters are all still up and everything. Everybody back in the polling stations on Friday, okay? See yiz all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Just a thought, perhaps we need someone as stubborn as her to renegotiate the IMF bailout. Imagine letting her loose on some poor Eurocrats when she has PMS.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

galwayrush wrote: »
    Just a thought, perhaps we need somewhere as stubborn as her to renegotiate the IMF bailout. Imagine letting her loose on some poor Eurocrats when she has PMS.:eek:

No, Joan Burton is the person for that job.
    No question about it, just ask Vincent Browne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gallantman

celty wrote: »
    Amazing how a representative of the party that wants to cut waste in the public service has managed to delay the count by over 24 hours. Because, in all probability, she is about to lose out to someone from HER OWN PARTY.

I can see you don't like FHE but I cannot see how this comment is accurate.

The recount was requested yesterday and started at 7pm. Everyone has been waiting on the Returning Officer and her team since then to finish this recount and announce a result.

Not sure how you can lay the blame with FHE.

If nothing else the Returning Officer should info the waiting canidates on the status as nobody seems to know whats happening ?

Anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

From Twitter

#gyw Revised 1st preference totals: Connolly(IND) down16;Kyne (FG) down 23; Healy Eames (FG) down 4; Grealish (IND) up 1 Walsh (FG) down 4
    Healy Eames out
    The recount has favoured Connolly over Kyne by 7 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

From Twitter

Healy Eames out
    The recount has favoured Connolly over Kyne by 7 votes

That's only the first count 10 more to go before it's confirmed
    They just announced the results of the second one.
    Niall O'Brollicain has been eliminated on the second count.

dloob wrote: »
    That's only the first count 10 more to go before it's confirmed
    They just announced the results of the second one.
    The Recount may be justified so

Wow. You wait all day for a result and then two come along at once.

gallantman wrote: »
    I can see you don't like FHE but I cannot see how this comment is accurate.

The recount was requested yesterday and started at 7pm. Everyone has been waiting on the Returning Officer and her team since then to finish this recount and announce a result.

Not sure how you can lay the blame with FHE.

If nothing else the Returning Officer should info the waiting canidates on the status as nobody seems to know whats happening ?

Anyone ??

Fair enough, Gallantman. I do not like FHE and I think she has shown naked ambition and a lack of humility which is only doing her damage in the long term. For feck's sake, I would say she has alienated virtually every FG person in Galway West, especially Kyne's camp. So much for party loyalty.

And, yes, I agree with you. The lack of communication coming from the count centre is even worse. People were waiting hours and hours today ... and then nothing happened until late evening. It's just not good enough in the 21st century.

Woohoo! - again! :D

Four counts in and so far, the eliminations are in the same order as the first time. Eamonn Walsh and Michael Crowe gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

johngalway wrote: »
    Woohoo! - again! :D

Crowe gone again now as well ;)

• Advertisement

Crowe gone again now as well ;)
    I can't wait for Fahey to go again :D

Advertisement