Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Results

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Sad Sad day.
    Timmy Fooley would. want to get the finger out now.

Anybody thinks he looks like ned sneebly out of school of rock

149745.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

phill106 wrote: »
    I still cant believe dooley got in, what were those voters thinking!
    This sums it up.What a pack of stupid assholes there are in this county.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Thank you all, especially MrsD007, for keeping the rest of us up to date with the results all night. Great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

+1 to this. i'm ashamed to be from Clare nearly after all those idiots who voted for Dooley. He has been an absolute disgrace as a td for Clare so far and i cant see that improving in this upcoming term. His party and himself have ruled our great county. :mad: Hopefully he gets a decent position on opposition front bench which can increase his profile and my eventually lead to ministerial position inn future.

I hope 1 of our FG and Labour TD's get a ministerial position or get some say so we can stop the destruction of our county and bring back jobs, a hospital that we arent afraid to go to and also tourists to our county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

The way I see it is, he got in on transfers! So I think calling the people of the County "stupid Assholes" is hardly fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Seeing Dooley get in was disappointing but Clare has always been a FF stronghold so It's a big change when you look at it in context.

I just hope everybody doesn't swing back to FF in the next election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Seeing Dooley get in was disappointing but Clare has always been a FF stronghold so It's a big change when you look at it in context.

I just hope everybody doesn't swing back to FF in the next election.

Thats the danger alright, FG are in for such a tough 4 years that people will start looking back at FF, who will prob get in for another 12 years.

And yes, people that voted for Timmy fcuking Dooley are stupid. Unbelievable, a man that has done nothing for us gets voted back in. The only contribution he made to Govt. was more or less voting to destroy Shannon. Not to mention FF ruined the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Well done to young Brian Markham who got 2100 votes in his first election i expect him to be snapped up by a big party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

chucken1 wrote: »
    The way I see it is, he got in on transfers! So I think calling the people of the County "stupid Assholes" is hardly fair.

Presumably though if Hillery wasn't running Dooley would have got more like 10K votes and topped the poll. Just look across the river to county Limerick where Collins topped the poll because he was on his own.

Outside of Martin no other FFer topped the poll that I am aware of.

I would say the majority of the "Stupid Assholes" in the country are concentrated in Counties Limerick and Clare, DeVelaras home turf of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Where do you reckon the transfers came from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Where do you reckon the transfers came from?

I know where they came from! But theres a lot of miles between East and West Clare. They played the Paddy Hilary card and it worked in West Clare. I cant answer for East Clare..nor will I try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Warper wrote: »
    Thats the danger alright, FG are in for such a tough 4 years that people will start looking back at FF, who will prob get in for another 12 years.

I agree with you - FG are going to get screwed, then again, their policies are going to screw people even if the country wasn't in an economic crisis. They intend to privatise everything, which will make our country worse off than ever before.

Next time around they will be out and hopefully people will vote in a real alternative and not FF.
    Warper wrote: »
    And yes, people that voted for Timmy fcuking Dooley are stupid. Unbelievable, a man that has done nothing for us gets voted back in. The only contribution he made to Govt. was more or less voting to destroy Shannon. Not to mention FF ruined the country.

Have you also forgotten...

-He voted time and time again to remove services from Ennis hospital

-He voted to ignore the Aer Lingus strikers, yet went there and stood shoulder to shoulder with them for a photo shoot (and voted the next day to ignore their plight)

-He voted against the nurses when they were marching

-He voted against students when they marched against tuition changes

...and the list goes on. Basically every major vote which effected Clare he voted against what was best for Clare and voted for what was good for FF.

EVERY single time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I know where they came from! But theres a lot of miles between East and West Clare. They played the Paddy Hilary card and it worked in West Clare. I cant answer for East Clare..nor will I try.

And their transfers went to a candidate with a proven track record of doing harm to the county. This means they either:
    • Just voted for the party and didn't know the man
    • Knew the man, but voted for him anyway as he was FF
    • Entered numbers at random on the ballot
    I wouldn't agree with OP's comment that the people were assholes, but I fail to find any argument against the stupid part.
    1. He won't be able to retire with full benefits. He will have to suffer along his other brethren who lowered pensions. Seriously, if he had lost he would have ended up costing the taxpayers more money on some levels.
    AFAIK, you have to be a sitting TD for 7 years to get the full benefits. Something which he will now probably achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Guys, I know a lot of you are still smarting over Dooley winning the last Clare seat and I feel your pain :(. I've had a look back at the 2007 election results and Dooley lost over 4,000 1st preference votes.

2007 - 10,791 1st Pref
    2011 - 6,789 1st Pref

That is a huge loss in support and I really hope that is makes him wake up and start putting the county before the party, particularly when it comes to crucial issues such as the airport and the hospital.

I think Dooley will get very frustrated on the opposition benches, however, his profile will be higher than it was before due to the fact there will be so few FF TDs in the Dáil. I'd say Micheál Martin will make him a spokesperson for something or other.

I think we need a little injection of satire and humour at this point :D

Fianna Fail obituary.

The soldiers of disaster (formerly, the soldiers of destiny) 1926 - 2011. Savaged to death at national elections. Deeply regretted by some builders, developers, bankers, cowboys, cowgirls and cronies of Ireland.

Remains reposing in large tent on Galway racecourse. Funeral mass in the Church of St. Jude of Hopeless Cases, Mountjoy Square. Burial afterwards in the golden circle cemetery. No flowers please, all donations (cheques and brown envelops) to the IMF please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Dooley getting elected is shameful.
    Having him in Government was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, having him in opposition is a waste of time. You might as well give him his salary and tell him stay at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

I think it will be very interesting to see how our new local TDs do in government, we have 3 so are well represented. Joe Carey has promised to get Ryanair back in and Shannon Airport on the up again, lets see does that happen.

glineli wrote: »
    I think it will be very interesting to see how our new local TDs do in government, we have 3 so are well represented. Joe Carey has promised to get Ryanair back in and Shannon Airport on the up again, lets see does that happen.
    I'm trying to be as positive as possible but it is worth remembering that Deputy Carey also pushed a hospital bed through the streets of Ennis in protest at the downgrading of the hospital by the FF/GP government. He previously promised a new state of the art hospital for Ennis if Fine Gael were in government, I notice he has gone very quite about that now. I think it is a bit like JJ McCabe's offer of an ambulance for West Clare, it is no longer on the cards now.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm trying to be as positive as possible but it is worth remembering that Deputy Carey also pushed a hospital bed through the streets of Ennis in protest at the downgrading of the hospital by the FF/GP government. He previously promised a new state of the art hospital for Ennis if Fine Gael were in government, I notice he has gone very quite about that now. I think it is a bit like JJ McCabe's offer of an ambulance for West Clare, it is no longer on the cards now.

With such a big majority things like Ennis hospital will be forgotten.

As regards Shannon airport a tourism and jobs strategy seems to be on the agenda, slash taxes and charges and cut deals with Ryanair and Aer Lingus. FF were just too plain arrogant to do anything about getting tourists (= cash paying customers) into the country.

With such a big majority things like Ennis hospital will be forgotten.

As regards Shannon airport a tourism and jobs strategy seems to be on the agenda, slash taxes and charges and cut deals with Ryanair and Aer Lingus. FF were just too plain arrogant to do anything about getting tourists (= cash paying customers) into the country.
    I agree that the issue of Ennis Hospital is dead in the water now. If Limerick Regional Hospital was a real "centre of excellence" than most Clare people wouldn't have too much difficulty with travelling to Limerick for a service. It is the people of West Clare I feel for, they have been well and truly shafted. I'd say that the people of Limerick are not too happy about their hospital being over run with Clare and North Tipp people either. A&E waiting times in the Regional are really frightening.

DAA are causing Shannon Airport a few problems too, here is a link from Clare FM today.
    http://clare.fm/news/daa-says-ryanair-shannon-deal-not-workable

• Advertisement

Ryanair is insisting that an offer to bring 1 million passengers a year to Shannon Airport is fair, despite the DAA saying it is economically unviable.
    The airline is offering to operate up to 14 extra services from the MidWest Airport, in a deal which would see it receiving over four euro for each passenger who uses Shannon.
    However, the DAA say the plan is 'unsustainable', as it will see Ryanair pay no landing or aircraft charges
    It is also seeking the return of 3.7 million euro paid to the Authority less than six weeks ago.

The DAA is packed with FF Gombeens I presume? 1 million passengers spending lets say €200 each is a lot of money into the local area. If they all pay 12% Vat that recovers any paper loss the airport incurs.

Advertisement