Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to plant in these planters

Options
  • 26-02-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Hey, just finishing up these planters pictured below infront of the fence. They are not very deep but they are long. I'm looking for suggestions on what to plant in them. I would like something that won't be too bare in the winter and don't want something as formal as a box hedge. trying to keep a contemporary style garden i would think. Really am not too sure about what to put in so some suggestions would be great. this garden is south facing.

[IMG][/img]8FE0038C93114F8C9612EA0E5063FDF2-0000327166-0002191321-00800L-1443825E585440D589625C1872110B10.jpg

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

A mass planting of Lavandula 'vera' would be lovely. You would have the contempory planting style of using just one colour, but it wouldnt be too rigid. Plus in winter they retain a lovely silvery foliage. The other plus would be the scent wafting into your kitchen. Id say the 4.5 litre pot is what you would need. Anything smaller wouldn't have the same impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

they look perfect. thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I like a lot of colour so I put lavander, different coloured geraniums ( light pink, dark pink, white, deep red), different colour primroses and I'm planning to put some snapdragons in them this year also.

Lavander Box.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just a note - you must keep lavendar trimmed back once a year after flowering or it will go woody and straggly. I think it would look great there.

Advertisement