Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini USB to IPOD connector?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

My OH won a Bose Ipod dock soundsystem but we don't have an Ipod or iphone or anything that it will take.

What I do have is Galaxy S, is it possible to get a cable like I mentioned and play music through the Bose from the Galaxy?

Any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I could be wrong, but I doubt you will find such an adapter because as far as Apple is concerned, the only piece of equipment that should have the sort of connector to fit the dock is a genuine Apple product. If someone tried to make an adapter Apple would likely take legal action.

The Bose site states that the SoundDock also has a 3.5mm headphone socket for plugging in non Apple devices. You could get a male 3.5mm -> male 3.5mm cable to attach the Galaxy. Try Tesco.

Advertisement