Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan V. Manchester United (Setanta Sports 1 - 3.00pm)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mister men wrote: »
    Wigan have only scored one goal in the last seven matches againest United, it's unlikely they are going to get anything out there today.

Pretty irrelevant really what has happened in the past. They're playing very well and have tested VDS on several occasions. United need a second badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

flahavaj wrote: »
    Pretty irrelevant really what has happened in the past. They're playing very well and have tested VDS on several occasions. United need a second badly.
    Always worries me when we only have a 1 goal lead. I think we need to move the ball faster especially out the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Rooney was piss poor a couple of seasons ago too but then he came back and gave his best ever season. when he is low on confidence he seems to drop very deep. Last year he was busting a gut to always get in the box but now he prefers the midfielders to get ahead of him.
    I don't think it's anything to do with confidence, he's tainted since the personal stuff and the transfer request and i think he could'nt be arsed anymore. Would'nt surprise me at all if City came back for a nibble in the Summer and he went there and had an amazing season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's probably been said already but, just looking at the play and what a stupid thing for Rooney to do. Should have been off. Foolish, selfish and petulant.

Rooney was piss poor a couple of seasons ago too but then he came back and gave his best ever season. when he is low on confidence he seems to drop very deep. Last year he was busting a gut to always get in the box but now he prefers the midfielders to get ahead of him.

I've seen Rooney play bad before this season and it never bothered me because you could see the effort and the desire was there. His attitude was good. This year it is completely different, his attitude is terrible. His football is awful at the moment but his behavior is worse. I coach under 14's and if any of them were acting the way he is today it would be a long time before they got another game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

adox wrote: »
    It's probably been said already but, just looking at the play and what a stupid thing for Rooney to do. Should have been off. Foolish, selfish and petulant.

The commentators on Setanta have been saying the same thing for the last 5 minutes.

Jesus, another good save by VDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im going to shed a tear or 2 when that big Dutch man goes, what a great keeper and a great servant to the club :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Van Der Sar to the rescue again...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm starting to get sick of Rooney to be honest. Fickle maybe but he's not been good enough and not earning his moola.

We can't keep giving Wigan chances here

Mister men wrote: »
    I don't think it's anything to do with confidence, he's tainted since the personal stuff and the transfer request and i think he could'nt be arsed anymore. Would'nt surprise me at all if City came back for a nibble in the Summer and he went there and had an amazing season.
    He just doesnt seem happy. I say the missus is giving him awful grief. She prob has him sleeping on the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

What happened to Chico there, looked deliberate whatever it was.

Rooney needs to be taken off, don't care if he needs a goal, his attitude stinks

Trilla wrote: »
    I'm starting to get sick of Rooney to be honest. Fickle maybe but he's not been good enough and not earning his moola.

We can't keep giving Wigan chances here

Berbatov must be wondering what he has to do. Rooney doesn't deserve his place in the starting line up IMO.

Headshot wrote: »
    Im going to shed a tear or 2 when that big Dutch man goes, what a great keeper and a great servant to the club :(

I'd dearly love him to reconsider. From a football point of view there's really no reason to bow out, he's as good as anyone in the world at the moment. I do understand he has his reasons though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nani ffs!!

little wonder Bebe and Obertan have been so useless, cant even be bothered to watch the game.

°°°°°

Nani is a fvcking idiot, FFS

Glazers Out!

little wonder Bebe and Obertan have been so useless, cant even be bothered to watch the game.
    Because they're sitting down?

posting on boards in his iphone.:pac:

Obertan looked asleep and bebe was playing with his phone.

°°°°°

Maybe they've got a good stream on their I pads:D

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Nani is on fire :eek: second goal soon, pleeeeease!

Obertan looked asleep and bebe was playing with his phone.
    What do you want them to do?

°°°°°

Nani is on fire :o second goal soon, pleeeeease!

Today that could only be true if Fergie doused him in petrol after the game.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Watch the game maybe!

nullzero wrote: »
    Nani is a fvcking idiot, FFS

Nani is our most important attacking player in the squad this season. In fact our chances of the title could rely on him being fit and being in the form he's been all season.

I fail to see how he's an idiot?

Watch the game and learn something, they could do with it.

Wigan are gonna score here.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

We are giving Wigan way too many chances, 1-0 is never comfortable....especially this year!

+1 on all the VDS love - absolute hero!

°°°°°

adox wrote: »
    Nani is our most important attacking player in the squad this season. In fact our chances of the title could rely on him being fit and being in the form he's been all season.

I fail to see how he's an idiot?

He should have rolled the ball to Fletcher for an easy goal which would have taken huge pressure off us.

Nani has been very good this season but he makes far too many mistakes to be above critique.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My stream is busto so im relying on you lot for decent updates :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shocking waste of a chance there! :mad:

Watch the game and learn something, they could do with it.
    Do you save up the retarded posts just for the soccer forum or are you like this in other forums too?

°°°°°

kryogen wrote: »
    My stream is busto so im relying on you lot for decent updates :)

http://www.laliga360.blogspot.com/

Should've been a second there.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Has Nani ever scored a free kick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Nice free nani . Been decent though so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nani -- are you having a giraffe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RasTa wrote: »
    Has Nani ever scored a free kick?

yes

°°°°°

Poor effort from the free kick.:mad:

Glazers Out!

He should have rolled the ball to Fletcher for an easy goal which would have taken huge pressure off us.

Nani has been very good this season but he makes far too many mistakes to be above critique.

Calling him an idiot is harsh though. He is not beyond criticism and his decision making could improve but in general he's been absolutely vital to us this season, our only consistent attacking threat tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

FFS lol would of looked better in a Dublin jersey there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Can anyone tell me when nani last scored direct from a free kick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dave! wrote: »
    Nani -- are you having a giraffe?

Must have thought the goal was the height of one.

I don't disagree but calling him a fvcking idiot isn't my idea of critique.

Dopey linesman...

Do you save up the retarded posts just for the soccer forum or are you like this in other forums too?

So you think its ok for Obertan to be sitting there with his head down and eyes closed at the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Christ on a bike, Rooney is ****e today

°°°°°

flahavaj wrote: »
    Calling him an idiot is harsh though. He is not beyond criticism and his decision making could improve but in general he's been absolutely vital to us this season, our only consistent attacking threat tbh.

In the heat of the moment I thinks it's fair.
    If a team mate of mine did what he did I'd be calling him worse than an idiot.

Nani has done well this year but he can have your pulling your hair out as well.
    A second goal would have taken a huge amount of pressure off us, but Nani had to go for glory.

Glazers Out!

Can anyone tell me when nani last scored direct from a free kick?
    I think he scored one against wigan early last season, I think!

So you think its ok for Obertan to be sitting there with his head down and eyes closed at the match?

He was on camera for a few short moments of a 90+ minute match.
    The fact that people are making an issue out of a squad player resting his eyes is embarrassing.

In the heat of the moment I thinks it's fair.
    If a team mate of mine did what he did I'd be calling him worse than an idiot.

Nani has done well this year but he can have your pulling your hair out as well.
    A second goal would have taken a huge amount of pressure off us, but Nani had to go for glory.

I don't think I'd enjoy sitting beside you watching match tbh.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement