If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS PTA01

Options
  • 26-02-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi Ash/John,

Picked up my 37PFL7605H tv yesterday evening and have been having fun messing around with it since! Great deal. Cheers.

Do you have any of these wireless dongles in stock? Or any other types? And what price?

Nice one,

Gar K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gar

Good to see your having fun with your new TV:D

I do have the PTA01 wifi dongle in stock.
    This little device costs €49.99

You get a piece of software called WIFI MEDIA CONNECT with it which lets you pretty much send anything from your PC to the TV via your wifi router and the dongle - pretty cool it is as well

Its made even cooler if you have an iPhone as you can download a free Philips Wifi Remote Control app for your TV - this is VERY cool!

Would you like me to set one aside for you??

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GK1001 wrote: »
    Hi Ash/John,

Picked up my 37PFL7605H tv yesterday evening and have been having fun messing around with it since! Great deal. Cheers.

Do you have any of these wireless dongles in stock? Or any other types? And what price?

Nice one,

Gar K

Gar,

Thanks for the Biz - much appreciated and glad you like the 7605 - I'm hoping to get an 8605 in the next week or so myself :D

We have the PTA01 in stock at €49.99 but happy to do a Customer & a Boardie one at €44.99.

The PTA01 also has the Philips Media Connect Software which is pretty brilliant bit of tech which allows you to add a laptop or PC to the 7605 network & wirelessly stream ANY on-screen content straight to the TV Screen - so there is no worry about what files will work on the TV - once you see it on the Laptop screen - it will play on the Philips 7605.

Also did the guys show you the great iPhone/iTouch app for the Philips TV?????

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi GK

pm sent but you may have seen Johns post - guess we posted at approx same time!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Yes, can you put one aside and I'll be in in the next hour or so. Have an iphone too so sweet!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GK1001 wrote: »
    Yes, can you put one aside and I'll be in in the next hour or so. Have an iphone too so sweet!

Gar,

Great I'll let the boys & girls know to expect you - more fun tonight then?

Make sure Ash shows you the iPhone App - it really is great and sets the Philips apart in the Boys Toys stakes anyway - you can control the TV via the iTouch/iPhone, and you can also send pics direct from the Phone to the TV as well as other probably completely useless functions that techees like us love!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SOBOJAN

I bought a PTA01 I connected TV without problem, but can not get the Philips Media Connect Software from CD. It doesnt start nad if I get to Philips inernet page, input the code download software installer and I get an 5001: 0x80070002 Error and there is no way to start it.
    Is there any other way to download the mentioned SW ?
    Thank you for reply, Bojyn from SLO

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sobojan,

I'm afraid the only way to get the software is from the CD. However why not give me a buzz instore on (01) 474 0788 and I'll see if I can't sort you out. :D

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.