Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon - Live At the Aragon CD/DVD

Options
  • 26-02-2011 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

It's out in March

http://www.mastodonrocks.com/

Track Listing

"Oblivion"
    "Divinations"
    "Quintessence"
    "The Czar"
    "Ghost of Karelia"
    "Crack the Skye"
    "The Last Baron"
    "Circle Of Cysquatch"
    "Aqua Dementia"
    "Where Strides The Behemoth"
    "Mother Puncher"
    "The Bit" (Melvins Cover)

Well, what do ye think? I would have preferred a live dvd with a more varied setlist. Not sure whether to take a punt or not.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Just basically Crack The Skye with another one or two songs on it. Could be more on there and some better choices but it looks good, then again I love everything Mastodon does

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would be good to see more songs alright, dunno bout buying it though. Maybe if could get cd on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

worth the price for the bit alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'll probably download it and rip the audio to my iPod .....

ooooooooooooooh shoot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I quite like the choice of non-CTS songs actually! Definitely buyin this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twat

I got the CD of this yesterday, it's great to listen to because for me Crack the Skye was the album of the year, so it's great to have new versions of it. Waiting to get the DVD now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoshHomme

Loving it, but as someone else said, i'd love anything they put out

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

I really can't get behind this DVD, it shows how unwise the band were not to look into how well they could handle vocals duties night after night. Brent is a bad singer, Troy can manage it and Brann actually has some talent.

The mix on the cd is kinda terrible aswell. I have bootlegs from 2005-ish that sound way better than this and the guys play with a bit more fire in their bellies tbh.

CtS is a great studio album but it's muck boring live and Im glad I didn't see them on the last few tours because of it.

Advertisement