Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avg 2009 vs avg 2011

• 26-02-2011 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all
    i was wondering if avg 2011 the free download version would be better than avg 2009 the full registered version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

i have used the 2009 version on my old computer, however got a new laptop there about 6 months ago in PC World they did a deal with me if I bought the laptop I would get AVG 2011 full version free for 3yrs. The 2011 full version is a lot better more features available and a much better interface than the 2009 version, i find it easier to use and i havent had a virus yet so it must be working fine it has protected my laptop so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greggy2310

thanks for the info :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just my 2 cents. But I can't recommend microsoft security essentials enough. Top class av and it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

greggy2310 wrote: »
    hi all
    i was wondering if avg 2011 the free download version would be better than avg 2009 the full registered version?

Just to throw my hat in, i have used 2009 Internet Security (full) for many years, never had a problem. But i also use MSE @ Have malwarebytes. A good mix is probably the best way to go :)

Advertisement