Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar type door locks

• 26-02-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

My conservatory doors have a type of lock that is fitted with an internal and external handle, Yale type key. It's one of those fellers where to lock to door you lift the handle upwards and then turn the key. Lifting the handle inserts the normal bar into the recess but also moves bars in sliders on the edge of the door. These engage in recesses in the top and bottom door frames.

I would like to fit something like that to my workshop door, but I don't know what they're called or where to buy them. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

ART6 wrote: »
    My conservatory doors have a type of lock that is fitted with an internal and external handle, Yale type key. It's one of those fellers where to lock to door you lift the handle upwards and then turn the key. Lifting the handle inserts the normal bar into the recess but also moves bars in sliders on the edge of the door. These engage in recesses in the top and bottom door frames.

I would like to fit something like that to my workshop door, but I don't know what they're called or where to buy them. Anyone any ideas?

Any PVC window company will be able to sell you a five point lock, expect to pay around 60euros for the lock plus extra for the barrel and handles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Any PVC window company will be able to sell you a five point lock, expect to pay around 60euros for the lock plus extra for the barrel and handles....

You Sir, are a genius! That is just what I was looking for. Many thanks mate!

Advertisement