Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Day for Ballina 2 TD's elected.

Options
  • 26-02-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

hsi wrote: »

Is either one FF??. If so hang your heads in shame:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

Michelle Mulhering FG and Dara Calleary FF. Healthy competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Congrats to the electors of Ballina and area on electing two young energetic TDs. Both have potential to work for the area over the next 20 years or so irrespective of which party is in government.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Didn't think anyone had been elected yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Thats great news! I hope they both work hard for the North Mayo area, its a place that has been neglected badly.

• Advertisement

YOP Tallymen afaik agree that it will be 4 FG and 1 FF in Mayo - they are rarely wrong.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I get you. I THINK I that I heard there was a dispute between FF and FG tallismen in Cbar? That was early though today.

Well done to them both, a chance for them to move Ballina on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Good achievement for the town and Michelle topped the Ballina polls/ballot papers. Gonna be interesting to see the approach DC takes in opposition and unusual to see MM in a position of strength. Can't wait for the public toilets that she promised for Ballina town.....long overdue. ;)

finisklin wrote: »
    Good achievement for the town and Michelle topped the Ballina polls/ballot papers. Gonna be interesting to see the approach DC takes in opposition and unusual to see MM in a position of strength. Can't wait for the public toilets that she promised for Ballina town.....long overdue. ;)

Ah now don't be hanging around them toilets again :P

I left myself wide open on that.......

• Advertisement

I left myself wide open on that.......

Well if you are hanging about toilets and now you are wide open... I won't ask! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Congratulations to the four Mayo FG TDs and thank heavens that FF are no longer in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Public toilets in Ballina would be a Town Council matter, which she has sat on for 7 years ( the council, not the toilet ). So no delivery in that position then, bodes well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

She has also sat on that council, both town and county, and in January she decides to take an interest in the taking over estates by said council. Glad to see Dara returned to keep her on her toes.

Public toilets in Ballina would be a Town Council matter, which she has sat on for 7 years ( the council, not the toilet ). So no delivery in that position then, bodes well for the future.

Time will tell........though has to be pointed out that its a hotch potch of FF & independents that have the majority in the TC. MMMMHHHH maybe its time for them to get off the fence and grab this one by the scruff of the neck?

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    She has also sat on that council, both town and county, and in January she decides to take an interest in the taking over estates by said council. Glad to see Dara returned to keep her on her toes.

You are forgetting her sudden interest in potholes, despite FG controlling the County Council

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Couldn't agree more, disgraceful, disgusting, shameful that that useless lying idiot got re-elected.

I'am ashamed to be from one of the Few constituencies that allowed FF to survive as a political presence in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Funny then that he got nearly more than 1500 more first preferences this time round. Must have done something right. He's really rattled your cage!

mayotom wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, disgraceful, disgusting, shameful that that useless lying idiot got re-elected.

I'am ashamed to be from one of the Few constituencies that allowed FF to survive as a political presence in the Dail

Have you ever dealt with or spoken to the man just out of curiousity?

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Funny then that he got nearly more than 1500 more first preferences this time round. Must have done something right. He's really rattled your cage!

Lucy don't get carried away....when you take into account that Beverly didnt run and the Castlebar based Lisa Chambers was a token candidate on her first time out the gloss on DC's so called achievement is not very shiny!

I love the sabre rattling between the FF and anti FFers.......a bloodsport!

• Advertisement

Lucy don't get carried away....when you take into account that Beverly didnt run and the Castlebar based Lisa Chambers was a token candidate on her first time out the gloss on DC's so called achievement is not very shiny!

I love the sabre rattling between the FF and anti FFers.......a bloodsport!

You will find that the sabre rattling between FG and FF is much less, there is genuine delight in both parties that certain other parties did not get a foothold as we can cope with each other but some others are anathema to us. To my mind Lisa Chambers is the big hero of the weekend, in a few weeks she pulled 3,300 votes as a complete unknown. She has a fantastic future in politics and is more the type of politician I want to see in politics rather than the ones who were voted out. FF TD's survived where they were hardworking and in touch with people on the ground.

HarryPotter, I agree with your remarks about Lisa Chambers. Would be good for the area if she stays in politics.

Also good to see comparatively young people like Michelle Mulherin and Dara Calleary being elected.

nuac wrote: »
    HarryPotter, I agree with your remarks about Lisa Chambers. Would be good for the area if she stays in politics.

Also good to see comparatively young people like Michelle Mulherin and Dara Calleary being elected.

She has said she is in it for the long haul. All we need to do now is block the door on the Flynns to make sure that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Have you ever dealt with or spoken to the man just out of curiousity?

yes I have and I got more out of speaking to the wall.

He has proven himself to be FF to the bone

1. Me Fein
    2. The party
    distant 3. the people.

This been the same FF that presided over the destruction of Ireland, but this place is full of people who will say things like " I have voted FF all my life, but now I want change" so who will you vote for " sure I'll have to vote FF"

just doesn't make sense.

mayotom wrote: »
    yes I have and I got more out of speaking to the wall.

He has proven himself to be FF to the bone

1. Me Fein
    2. The party
    distant 3. the people.

This been the same FF that presided over the destruction of Ireland, but this place is full of people who will say things like " I have voted FF all my life, but now I want change" so who will you vote for " sure I'll have to vote FF"

just doesn't make sense.

Would disagree because I know plenty of people who he has worked hard for. But you are entitled to your opinion, just be careful the bile doesn't do damage to your throat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement