Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipac wiring Q

• 26-02-2011 5:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy ,

Rewiring an ipac , can I just run the ground wires to the chasis of the cab or do they specifically need to be run back to gnd on the Ipac ????

P.S. all going well I'll have a spare Ipac and a Jamma connector to trade early next week......

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Right , so what I've done is broken the ground circuit into "zones" like p1 joystick , p2 joystick , p1 buttons (6) , p2 button6 and so on.
    Next I'll use electrical junction boxes to chain them all together and then I should be (finally) done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You should 'daisy chain' the grounds on the buttons and joysticks and then you only need to run on wire back to the ipac.
    wiring.jpg

and have one ground running back to the ipac for each player ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

horgan_p wrote: »
    and have one ground running back to the ipac for each player ??

Or daisy chain it from where it conencts into the P1 slot to the P2 slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I would prob keep P1 and P2 grounds separate, would ensure your wiring would be as neat as possible but would prob make no difference in terms of the electronics of the ipac as they both most likely connect to a common ground on the device.

One set of wires for P1, one set of wires for P2 :)
    Note, I'm a neatness freak at times with regards to wiring at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I would prob keep P1 and P2 grounds separate, would ensure your wiring would be as neat as possible but would prob make no difference in terms of the electronics of the ipac as they both most likely connect to a common ground on the device.

One set of wires for P1, one set of wires for P2 :)
    Note, I'm a neatness freak at times with regards to wiring at times.

The grounds are all common anyway, so if one wire or two is fed it won't make any odds. Neatness wise, perhaps though :D

what i did was kept p1 joystick together , p1 buttons together and wired them to a junction box , then took a wire from the junction box back to the ipac.
    Did same for p2 side , so all sorted.
    I now have a spare Jpac and a Ipac.

Advertisement