Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for some xlink kai gaming?

Options
  • 26-02-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Would anybody with Jtaged xboxs be interested in having a few co-op games some time (Horde mode in Gears, Terroist hunt in Rainbow 6:LV etc)

I'd be open for suggestions on what games to play

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I definitely would if I could get the damn thing to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep, I'd be interested in seeing how it all works so count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

dont forget us outcasted lepper cfw ps3'ers !!

"unclean unclean...."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'd be into trying this out too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys,

Good to see some interest :)

Do you want to try organise a game for some day this week?

I guess the game depends on the numbers.

Decent list of system link games here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games

Games I would suggest is:

Rainbow 6 Las vegas 2

[2-4 Players] There is a terrorist hunt mode where you work as a team to take down a building full of AI openents. Really good fun locally anyways. Would love to give it a go at some stage.

Black Ops
    [2-18?] There is the obvious deathmatches etc, but killing some zombies would be my pref :)

Gears of War 2
    [2-5] Horde mode goodness :)

L4D2
    [2-4] Wouldnt be my first choice as I am also part of the glourious master race of pc gamers, but if there was a gang up for playing I could be tempted.

I think black ops is the only one I have with me, but I'm sure I could collect the other ones from home if needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Count me in too :D

More the merrier :)

My brother has a Jtag too and so does another friend of mine so there is a couple of more people in the pool of players.

If anyone is online later on that has Black-ops, I might try get it up and running just to see does it work.

More the merrier :)

My brother has a Jtag too and so does another friend of mine so there is a couple of more people in the pool of players.

If anyone is online later on that has Black-ops, I might try get it up and running just to see does it work.

Yep def interested. What do I need to? :o:o

I dont know :P

I was going to look at it this evening.

I only used xlink kai once before on the original xbox, and in truth it was quite awkward! It involved making your xbox speak to your pc, which was communicating with the xlink servers. Im hoping its been made easier

Freestyle dash has a xlink kai setting on its main menu, so without looking into it Im hoping they have removed the need for the PC application.

Guess we'll find out later!

Would you be around after 9:30 Enternow?

Ok it looks like I might have missed a step, the ping limit is probably still on my xbox. I think I need to get a patch to remove it. I needed to reflash my Jtag any ways its running old software

• Advertisement

Ah so the pc functions as a proxy of sorts does it? Is there much to removing the ping limit? Think of me in these matters as a "Lulz, watz is it i need 2 du 2 get on de web with de ex box" type person :o

Yep I'll be around at half nine and thereafter for a bit :)

Not tonight I'm afraid guys, tomorrow night though I'll see about it ;)

Not tonight I'm afraid guys, tomorrow night though I'll see about it ;)

Did you say that in a bouncer kind of way? :D

No, but now that you pointed it out it sounds kinda like the stuff they'd say to underagers :D

No, but now that you pointed it out it sounds kinda like the stuff they'd say to underagers :D

Flashbacks of my teens :D Anyway, looking forward to seeing this thing in action...is it generally rated well?

Just had a quick browse around while on a tea break. This may be useful:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41096&sid=d02a0177fc8419d70a8190311f7f27be

Still at the dash launch stage, it won't seem to either launch of find my ini file :mad:

Dashlaunch simply doesn't work for me :( 90 mins in so far & I've tried everything I can think of, doesn't help that every site on the net has different methods of installing it.

I've set the directory of both FSD 2.0 & XexMenu, renamed the file to launch.ini. Made a folder on the root of the drive called dashlaunch, put all of the files in it, including the new ini file, ran the installer, rebooted holding whichever of the two buttons, standard nxe each time.

Got the b*****d :cool: The instructions are about as reliable as a plumbers estimate (no offence to any plumbers here :D). Onto the final step!

There's an installer included it's a once off install just take launch.ini and put it in the root of hdd, edit it to point to fsd something like, hdd1:\fsd 2.0\default.xex

• Advertisement

There wont be any xlink kai from me this evening, like a idiot i brought my xbox down to Limerick, with no controller!! :(

I'll see can I borrow one of one of the guys in work tomorrow, although I'll probably be watching the soccer tomorrow night.

justryan wrote: »
    There's an installer included it's a once off install just take launch.ini and put it in the root of hdd, edit it to point to fsd something like, hdd1:\fsd 2.0\default.xex

Tried that, the installer wouldn't find the ini file until it was placed into the installer\files directory on the 360. Once in there, it found it & flashed the settings. Have it booting standard nxe now as default, fsd 2.0 with A, xexmenu with b (this isn't working yet though, I'll look into it tomorrow).

I've registered on the Xlink site, downloaded & installed the proggie so far, just gotta get the 360 to see the xlink engine on my network, any ideas?

Mine goes straight to fsd 2.0 on boot try either hdd1 or hdd in the config always put launch.ini in the root of the hd

justryan wrote: »
    Mine goes straight to fsd 2.0 on boot try either hdd1 or hdd in the config always put launch.ini in the root of the hd

It wouldn't find the ini at the root of the hdd :D (for my setup anyway), however id did find it in the install\files directory, & is now perfect. I installed dashlaunch throught the method in Witnessmenow's link in this thread, so maybe it makes a difference this way? Dunno, it's working now anyway.

Just gotta resolve the xexmenu on button b problem, & the 'xlink engine not found on network' problem in FSD 2 (I think that's something to do with 3rd party connections or some similar setting). I'll have a look today at them & hopefully have it ready for when we all have joypads :D

Get Xlink Kai running on your PC and the Xbox 360 on the same network Freestyle should be able to find the engine on the PC, I could get everything set up but could never actually get into a game, it would always timeout perhaps it will be different if we host in Ireland

Ok I've sorted it. You have to select allow 3rd party connections in the Xlink configurator. I also had to change the default port from 30000 to 0 as I'm using UPNP port forwading.

This lets me log into my Xlink account from the FSD dash (which is a seriously nice piece of homebrew I might add). From there, I can browse servers/games etc, pick & launch one with the selected game. From within the game, do I go to system link? As I've just tried that & there were no games found in the lobby :confused:

Is anyone around for a while today? I've got my xbox updated and hopefully without the ping limit now. Just about to go setting up xlink now

EDIT: well first hurdle, they give me a download link to linux tar ball, intstructions on how to install it, but i figure our from the forums that it is not working :/

I'll have to make do with windoze

Pretty sure I had this setup at the weekend, i could browse and see lobbies , but there was no games for me to join, there was one game that was full, rest were empty

I got this set up. I don't know about the pinglimit though because I'm on the newest dash (12625). Would be happy to try it out over the weekend :)

• Advertisement

I got this set up. I don't know about the pinglimit though because I'm on the newest dash (12625). Would be happy to try it out over the weekend :)

Count me in, I get see, access & join lobbies...but they're not appearing in game when I go to system link...

Advertisement