Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for some xlink kai gaming?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I might be around ok.

If you boot into the latest freestyle it should tell you beside your avatar guy if you have the ping patch activated or something.

Pre-submit edit:

152150.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I might be around ok.

If you boot into the latest freestyle it should tell you beside your avatar guy if you have the ping patch activated or something.

Pre-submit edit:

152150.png

That's running nice & cool, is it only booting up there?

yeah. ive left it on since that and Im at 42 51 51 now.

Its a Jasper chipset with no mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm up for testing this out anyone else online?

Check this site out for cool Freestyle Dash 2.0 themes http://spiffy360.com/themes.php?category=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Right then, I don't have the ping limit patched because I'm not getting what you posted wmn :(

Right then, I don't have the ping limit patched because I'm not getting what you posted wmn :(

Prob to do with the new dash is it?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Prob to do with the new dash is it?

Yup, Dashlaunch isn't out for the new dash yet and that patches out the ping limit. I might see if I can patch it another way though :)

Yup, Dashlaunch isn't out for the new dash yet and that patches out the ping limit. I might see if I can patch it another way though :)

Ugh, am I gonna have to go through all that dashlaunch mallarky again? Or will I be able to simply drop it into where the old dashlaunch is working from, & expect it to use that same ini etc?

I'm still on 12611 and I've got the patch installed as wmn has shown

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    I'm still on 12611 and I've got the patch installed as wmn has shown

Same here, but the damned lobbies arn't listed in the games menu's after joing them :confused:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ugh, am I gonna have to go through all that dashlaunch mallarky again? Or will I be able to simply drop it into where the old dashlaunch is working from, & expect it to use that same ini etc?

Drop and patch ;)

I think a lot of it has to do with the region because your connection will degrade if it needs to connect to a host in another country, so if someone where to host here we probably would be able to get a game going with no timeouts

Drop and patch ;)

Repatch? For example, everythings working with dashlaunch at the mo, I can access FSD, Normal dash or XeXMenu with a give button (or lack of). So when I drop the new version in, will it not be a case of just dropping the programe files over the old ones? Or will there be repatching needed?

justryan wrote: »
    I think a lot of it has to do with the region because your connection will degrade if it needs to connect to a host in another country, so if someone where to host here we probably would be able to get a game going with no timeouts

So would that explain why I can browse the lobbies through FSD, join one & then start a game. But upon going into system link etc, there's nothing there....?

I think so well that's my theory anyway, TV, EnterNow and witnessmenow send me your user names and I'll meet you on there

You'll have to re-patch (re-install). It's patching the loading sequence to run it's XEX file (which then reads the ini file and launches your applications).

This is "forgotten" when you update to a newer dashboard, it doesn't run the dashlaunch xex file to run your apps, it just boots the NXE.

I'm EnterNow (original I know :p), I;m signed in now in the general area

You guys aren't in no general area :P Orbital France is the server I'm on anyways. Username same as here :)

I'll be on there in a minute

• Advertisement

I'll be online in about 30mins if anybody wants to try it.

Maybe get a quick test game in before the Irish match

We're online now come join :D

I gave up. Pain in the hole.

I managed to get into a Black Ops game in Brazil it will be in the Modern Warfare 2 category though which is odd

What are you playing :)

I gave up. Pain in the hole.

Same, too frustrating. I'll let you lot figure it out :p

ah guys :P

I, trying to host a game in the uk serever at the moment if anyone wants to try join?

CODBops/Europe/UK/Witnessmenow

I'll be right there

I assume thats you, Im starting a game of zombies now

EDIT: one thing about cod, it requires everyone to have the same version, im on title update 1.5 i think, whatever the latest is

• Advertisement

I'll try again just downloading the title updates :D

Advertisement