Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for some xlink kai gaming?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well did you lads manage to find out what was wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm guessing it's our connection or setup I'd say the server in Brazil has a seriously beefy connection

Anybody fancy a game on Xlink Kai?

justryan wrote: »
    Anybody fancy a game on Xlink Kai?

This mess again? Didn't we all agree we need to be Mexicans to use this service? :p

I reckon if one of us hosts we can have a decent game, I'm willing to put together a tutorial to show you how to get it set up.

• Advertisement

I reckon if one of us hosts we can have a decent game, I'm willing to put together a tutorial to show you how to get it set up.

Didn't TV or was it yourself tried hosting a game before...& it didn't show up on any of our join lists. We all got signed up, logged in & had it working through both the pc & FSD but to no avail :confused:

EnterNow wrote: »

Didn't TV or was it yourself tried hosting a game before...& it didn't show up on any of our join lists. We all got signed up, logged in & had it working through both the pc & FSD but to no avail :confused:

That would have to do with your network setup, I use a cat5 cable connected to the back of the PC and Xbox. The PC has a wireless dongle connected to the Internet this connection is shared with the LAN connection, I am able to see games lobbies in Black Ops and other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have a full wired connection (my house is cat5'd) and I wasnt able to join a game properly iirc. I had opened all ports on my router too so it wasnt nothing to do with that.

There is a competitor to xlink kai i saw on a website that I wouldnt be allowed link to, its down at the moment so i cant even bloody see what the name of the thing is!

I have a full wired connection (my house is cat5'd) and I wasnt able to join a game properly iirc. I had opened all ports on my router too so it wasnt nothing to do with that.

There is a competitor to xlink kai i saw on a website that I wouldnt be allowed link to, its down at the moment so i cant even bloody see what the name of the thing is!

The trick is you need to have the computer running xlink and be in or have set up a game lobby (the integrated xlink in fsd doesn't work so well). Then you choose the system link option in game and the lobby should appear, keep in mind every player needs to have the same title update.

That would have to do with your network setup, I use a cat5 cable connected to the back of the PC and Xbox. The PC has a wireless dongle connected to the Internet this connection is shared with the LAN connection, I am able to see games lobbies in Black Ops and other games.

My whole house is wired with Cat5e. At the time, I had the PC & 360 together through a switch, which fed back to the router.

Exact same here, the service was up & running, I could log in via pc, browse games etc, could log in via FSD on the 360 too no probs...just nothing showed up in the games' system link join screen.
    The trick is you need to have the computer running xlink and be in or have set up a game lobby (the integrated xlink in fsd doesn't work so well). Then you choose the system link option in game and the lobby should appear, keep in mind every player needs to have the same title update.

Tried it via the pc like you said. Witnessmenow, TV nor myself had any luck. All on the same game version & update too.

• Advertisement

My whole house is wired with Cat5e. At the time, I had the PC & 360 together through a switch, which fed back to the router.

Exact same here, the service was up & running, I could log in via pc, browse games etc, could log in via FSD on the 360 too no probs...just nothing showed up in the games' system link join screen.

Tried it via the pc like you said. Witnessmenow, TV nor myself had any luck. All on the same game version & update too.

Do you have Internet connection sharing enabled on the primary connection?

Closest I can see is "File & Printer Sharing for MS networks" is installed & active..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Tried it in March, it was an utter failure. Left it at that after a few hours of trying, there was rugby to watch. Never went back, shít software :P

xbslink is the thing i was talking about. It looks like it could be good.

It simplifies it, it seems to be peer to peer so all games would need to be pre arranged.

Good find I'm testing out Xbslink, I'll report back if I can join a game :D

I got Xbslink working had to drop my firewall, enable UPnP I am playing Dead Island right now if anyone wants to join.

I got this working with two other people last night one from the UK, if it doesn't work on your side then it's got to be your setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm up the wall with stuff here at the minute, haven't time to test this out. Next week though I'd be interested in a little P2P gaming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got Xbslink working had to drop my firewall, enable UPnP I am playing Dead Island right now if anyone wants to join.

Drop as in turn it off completely or just lower the level?

Drop as in turn it off completely or just lower the level?

Only worked for me when I turned off the firewall completely, before that I tried port forwarding with no joy, xbslink should show a green tick in the bottom right to indicate it can communicate with other nodes.

• Advertisement

Only worked for me when I turned off the firewall completely, before that I tried port forwarding with no joy, xbslink should show a green tick in the bottom right to indicate it can communicate with other nodes.

You should be able to make an exception for it in the firewall rules/settings...incoming & outgoing

You should be able to make an exception for it in the firewall rules/settings...incoming & outgoing

Yeah, should be able to do that, i wouldn't be at all comfortable turning it off entirely.

Managed to get it to work without dropping the firewall, uncheck the "use cloud server to check incoming port" option, and configure your router to forward the port.

Managed to get it to work without dropping the firewall, uncheck the "use cloud server to check incoming port" option, and configure your router to forward the port.

I'll try that later on tonight after the footie maybe.

I'll be up for some Dead Island (cool game!)

What other games do they do? any racers?

I'd be up for a game of something, have dead island and Gow3

I'm in '[360] Dead Island TU1' if anybody wants to join :D

I'm in '[360] Dead Island TU1' if anybody wants to join :D

How do I get to that server?

Advertisement