Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My dog, c&c

• 26-02-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

This morning there was a strong streak of sunlight coming in the room making a footprint on the floor. My dog (Honey) always follows the light like this to get the heat. I took out the old bridge camera and messed around with a few manual shots. Camera is an old Canon Powershot S2 IS. This image is straight off the card, no editing apart from a resize for this post. C&C most welcome.

attachment.php?attachmentid=149690&stc=1&d=1298743814

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I love the dog, and I love the picture. Great shot.
    Exposure details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

I love the dog, and I love the picture. Great shot.
    Exposure details?

Many thanks for the kind words. She's a beauty alright. She's jet black, and I mean jet black. She can be very tricky to photograph because of this. It can create a high contrast and she often silhouettes. Sometimes when I walk into a dark room, she terrifies me as all I can see are her white teeth (she smiles kinda). Gotta love the animals eh

sRGB
    2592 x 1944 px
    f 4.5
    1/125
    focal length 31mm
    Meter mode, centre weighted average
    I think I had ISO at 200 but it does not show in EXIF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I like the lighting but I don't think the eyes are as sharp or inviting as they could be.

I've a black Dog too and yep they are incredibly hard to get their eyes especially if they are moving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Very appealing animal portrait, great lighting but I agree with AnimalRights about the eyes. Some selective sharpening on the eyes would really make the image pop........../Mikka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

I have taken on board all your comments about the eyes. Being new to photo editing, I have downloaded gimp and followed a couple of tutorials. So here is the revision. The eyes have be edited in an unsharp mask layer, and I have faded all the edges to black with a simple feathered selection and delete (to black background colour). I'd love any feedback. Again many thanks all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=149819&stc=1&d=1298845600

• Advertisement
Advertisement